The Shadow War

With Noctura's shadow creatures running amok across Elvendale, the elemental guardians gifted the residents of the land a portion of their magic, and the first elemental elves and creatures were born. To aid in combat against the malevolent beings, four power weapons, fueled by elemental magic, were forged: the Cyclone Bow, the Volcano Hammer, the Quake Shield, and the Monsoon Staff.

While the newly empowered residents of Elvendale fought back against the shadow creatures, Noctura found a flaw in Lumia's design of the Shadow World, an opening of some kind. This strange opening into Elvendale would come to be known as Shadow Fountain. The fountain was originally erected for the first dragons who resided there, but it became a wellspring of black magic instead.  While she could not pass through it like a portal, she could still influence the fountain's surrounding land. Noctura began laying a curse upon the land that would come to be known as Cursed Crystal Canyon.

Lumia caught on to what Noctura was doing and charged toward the corrupted land in her wolf form. She saw the once beautiful land now infected by black magic stemming from the fountain and feared it would spread if left unchecked.

Raising her hand to the sky, Lumia summoned the Sword of Light. With a powerful horizontal slash to the ground, she created a deep chasm, separating Cursed Crystal Canyon from the rest of Elvendale. This chasm has come to be known as The Abyss, which is said to be bottomless.

Near the end of this war, five elven sisters were surrounded by these creatures of darkness. Combining their magic, the sisters created a temporary portal to the Shadow World and banished all the remaining shadow creatures. These five elven women would come to be known as the legendary five sisters.

In her wolf form, Lumia watched from a distance as the five sisters were hailed as heroes. She and the elemental guardians returned home to the Elvenstar Tree. The war may have ended, but Lumia knew one day in the distant future, Noctura would return. So she wrote a prophecy in a magic diary as a warning for future elves:

When darkness overtakes the light, and day gives way to endless night, a world of shadow will appear, and every hope shall fade to fear.

Seek out one as brave, as smart, strong in spirit, kind in heart.