Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

As I stepped out of Shiyan’s car and bid him farewell with a warm smile, I watched him drive away before turning towards my home, here in Del Carmen Residence.

The soft glow of the porch light welcomed me, casting a comforting aura around me. With each step towards the front door, a sense of peace enveloped me. I am back in my sanctuary.

While i’m entering my home, a blend of modern and traditional decor greeted me, reflecting my journey and identity.

The familiar scent of freshly baked pastries from my bakeshop lingered in the air, a reminder of my passion and dedication to my craft.

As I settled in, the weight of the day slowly lifted off my shoulders, replaced by a sense of contentment.

Later that evening, a message from Vanessa popped up on my phone.

Ness🪺:

“Kumusta interview?” Followed by a playful “SPILL THE TEA!”

I couldn't help but chuckle at Vanessa’s enthusiasm. Grateful talaga ako kasi mayroon akong Vanessa. My one and only.

Tuloy-tuloy ang usapan namin. Chinika ko rin sa kaniya ang kaganapan kanina maliban sa mga banat ko. Kapag sinabi ko pati 'yon, naku! Baka hanggang bukas ng umaga inaasar pa rin ako nito.

Even we were talking through phone, I can feel her presence. Her presence was a comforting constant in my world, a reminder of the strength found in friendship and shared experiences.

As the night unfolded, our bond only grew stronged, echoing the sentiment of a friendship built on trust, understanding and genuine care.

Thank God, I have her.

Nakakapagod today. I succumbed  to fatigue and drifted off to sleep.

Hmmm.. My mind is finally finding solace in the realm  of dreams.

Sinakop ako ng katahimikan ng gabi, cradling me in a peaceful slumber as the world outside continues its gentle hum.

Kalagitnaan ng gabi, ang ingay-ingay. Istorbo naman!

A faint ringing pierced the tranquility of my room. I stirred, reaching for my phone to find a call from who? Oh! It was my brother, kuya Leo, flashing on the screen.

It was 12:46 at midnight, a time  when the world seemed to hold its breath in anticipation of what the new day would bring.

Ano kayang kailangan nito?

Natutulog yung tao rito e.

With a mix of joy and irritation, I answered the call. My voice laced with sleepiness as I listened to my Kuya’s words.

Agad na nagising ang diwa ko sa sinabi niya.

HE WAS ON HIS WAY BACK FROM AUSTRALIA, AND WOULD BE STAYING AT MY HOUSE FOR TIME BEING!

Gulat ako ron, ah. But i'm happy, pakiramdam ko, napuno ulit ako. I was 18 noong umalis siya para mag-trabaho sa Australia dahil pumasa siya sa Bar Exam for Political Science. I missed him, I missed him a lot.

That news brought a sense of warmth to my heart, knowing my brother would soon be by my side again.

“Okay! Take care!” I energetically answered.

As the call ended, bumalik ako sa pagkakahiga ko. A smile playing on my lips as I drifted back into a peaceful slumber.

My kuya will be back soon. His arrival adding a touch of excitement to the serenity of the night. The bond between us, strengthened by distance and time apart, was about to be reunited in the familiar embrace of home.