What?!

"Tari.....Tara will you be my girlfriend?" His light brown eyes stare into mine as he asks

I look at my mom, her eyes narrow slightly. Now I know what she was talking about,"don't say no."

So does that mean he likes me or he was forced to or what?

This just complicates things so much. 

I look back at jere. "Yeah" I mumble.
"Yes I will be your girlfriend." I give him a small smile.

My mind drifts off to everything.

I never thought of Jeremiah like that. I mean of course I love him, he's my best friend or was, now he's my boyfriend.

I mean does he like me like that? I mean there's tons of other girls way prettier than me.

"Tara." I hear my moms voice. I snap out of my thoughts and focus my attention to her. I didn't even realize that jere was still holding my hand.

"Were you even listening?" My mom rolls her eyes. I didn't even notice them talking

"No, sorry what were you saying?" I say slowly not recalling what they were saying.

Mr Stokes then speaks." My son will start  picking you up to take you to school with and bring you back."

Mr Stokes is usually very quiet.

"Okay." Wait what. Me and jere walk to school and his parents take the car for work.So does that mean..

I face jere.

"Wait what?! You have a car?" I then come to realization.

He smiles "Just got one, want to check it out?" He gets up front his seat.

I get up to "of course I do." We both leave   and run outside.

I go out and see a bright red car, with no roof. He climbs in, and then I get in. He starts to drive.

"Jere were are we going?" I turn to him.

"You'll see." He smiles big.
___________________________

We finally arrive after like 29 minutes of driving.

"The beach, really?" Out of all places, I Mean were not even dressed properly.

He gets out then cones to my side and opens the door. He grabs my hand and pulls me out

"Come on just walk with me." I get up and he closes the door. We start walking there isn't much people there.

He holds my hand and brings me closer. "Tell me Tari, what's on your mind?"

"What do you mean?" I answer back.

"At dinner, you weren't even paying attention to what anyone was saying, what were you thinking about?"

"Oh just school work." I tell the first lie  I thought of.

He opens his mouth to say something but then I interrupt him.

"Actually I have a question, why did you ask me to be your girlfriend?" I blurt out honestly

"Tari, you know why, I likes you we were always going to end up together." He shrugs.

Always? What, does he mean by that?

As he leads me close the were the ocean meats the sand, the sun starts to set.

He sits down I sit down beside him.

"What did you mean by always?" I ask him and he turns to me.

"It's complicated." He answers shortly.
Complicated, what does he mean by complicated. How is it complicated.

A moment of silence goes between us

"The sunsets really pretty." I say to break the silence.

"Your really pretty, Tara you know that." He leans in closer

I lean closer to then he kisses me. His hand goes to my cheek and cups my face

The kiss lasts for a few seconds.

We then pull away.

His eyes bore into mine. I don't know what I'm supposed to say now. That was my first kiss. I stand up.

"Come on we should go, it's getting late and we have school tomorrow." I grab his hand and pull him up.

"Wait jere." I turn to him.

His Eyebrow raises a little. " what?"

I smile." Race you to the car, loser!" I say as I start running, getting a headstart.

"Oh I'll win Tari!" He chases to the car running faster than me.

But just by like a second I win.

"Haha I won!" I say as I get in and then he does too.

"Yeah only by a second and you got a headstart." He rolls his eyes and starts driving back.

"Whatever Jere, just admit I'm better." I roll my eyes back at him.

"Yeah no." He says.

After a few minutes we get back to my house. He pull in the driveway.

He gets out and then opens my door.

"Bye Tari." He pull me in and kisses me.

"Bye jere see you tomorrow