Chapter 5 - "Behind the wall"

Dry land and it's like an endless Desert. Not even a single plant lives. This is not what they expected.They didn't see any monsters but they almost starved to death because they had been traveling for several days and their food packs had run out.

"Argus......look at leo..", Calixto weakly called him as they walked.

Leo fell down and was quickly caught by Argus.

"Leo, wake up!", Argus worriedly shook his shoulders.

Leo is very pale and his lips are very dry. Argus felt his body. He is Still breathing but the pulse is weak.

"He's still alive..", Argus confirmed.

I'm worried that the others may not be able to handle it either..," said Calixto, referring to their comrades who were about to give up due to extreme fatigue, thirst and hunger.

It's been a week since they came out of the barrier and this, strange world was exposed to them. The blue sky inside the barrier is very different from outside of it. Out here, it seems like an endless desert. The color of the sky is red. The sun does not rise here and the rotation of the sun here is fixed at dusk and night.

"Just stay here Calixto, I'll just look for something to eat.", said Argus.

He had only taken a few steps when Calixto suddenly called him and he turned around in wonder..:

"why Calixto?..", he asked.

"Take care...", Calixto replied.

Argus wasn't used having someone who worry about him so what's Calixto said is like a big thing for him.

"Thank you...", Argus responded and after saying this, He immediately turned and ran away.

Calixto followed him in amazement and thought:

"it's amazing that He still has the strength to run despite not eating for several days and being so tired...".

In a distance, Argus saw cactused-like desert plants, so he immediately went to them. It is tongue-shaped with thorns. He cut it open and poured the water into his mouth. After a few days of thirst it was really relieving for him to taste water. Afterwards, He noticed a forest in a distance and by seeing that, his face gradually brightened as if he saw hope.

He quickly cut many pieces of cactuses for his comrades and quickly left that place. He was excited to tell them the good news. But when he was close to the place where he left them... He saw Calixto, pointing his sword against the giant scorpion protecting the still, unconcious Leo behind his back

Calixto is attacked by giant scorpions!!.

"You will pass over my dead body first before you touch this boy!!", cried Calixto.

Some of their comrades too are being chased by other scorpions and stung by their tails.

"Die!", Calixto yelled as He used his remaining strength to kill the scorpion in front of him.

At the same time, Calixto rushed and rode it on it's back but in the end, it hit him with its tail and He fell to the ground and blood gushed out of his mouth.

The scorpion turned on the unconscious leo. When Calixto saw this, he forced himself to rise up.

"Pwe!,", he spat the blood out of his mouth.

He once again gathered all of his strength and rode the giant scorpion on it's back. With his remaining strength, He yelled one last time and thrust his sword into its back. It twisted around and gradually fell down with him.