Fatefull Meetings

In the hovel Anakin sits on the counter, pretending to clean a part, staring at Padme. She is the most beautiful creature he has ever seen in his life. Padme is a little embarrassed by his stare, but she musters up an amused smile. Finally, he gets the courage to speak. Anakin still looking at his part asks shyly, “Are you an angel?”

Padme startled asks, “What?”

Anakin repeats, “An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the Moons of Iego I think. They are the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They are good and kind, and so pretty they make even the most hardened spice pirate cry.”

Padme looks at him, not knowing what to say, “I've never heard of angels.”

Anakin insists with the innocents of a child, “You must be one maybe you just don't know it.” 

Padme smiles and says, “You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?”

Anakin continues, “Since I was very little, three, I think. My mom, Aunt Sally, Percy and I were sold to Gardulla the Hutt, but she lost us, betting on the Podracers, to Watto and to Smelly Gabe who's a lot better master than Gardulla, I think.”

Now this disturbs Padme, “You're...a slave?”

Anakin looks at Padme defiantly. Anakin pouts and exclaims, “I am a person! My name is Anakin.”

Padme apologizes while looking around, “I'm sorry. I don't fully understand. This is a strange world to me.”

Anakin studies her intently before stating, “You are a strange girl to me.“

Jar Jar joins the two looking around and finds a strange device and pushes the nose on what appears to be a small, and it instantly comes to life, grows legs and arms, and starts marching around, knocking over everything. Jar Jar holds on but can't stop it. Anakin tells them, “Hit the nose!”

Jar Jar hits the nose, and the droid collapses back into its original state. Anakin and Padme laugh. Anakin watches Padme straighten her hair.

Watto reads a small portable monitor he is holding. He stands before a hyperdrive., “Here it is a T-14 hyperdrive generator!! Thee in luck, I'm the only one hereabouts who has one, but thee might as well buy a new ship. It would be cheaper, I think, Sying of which, how's thee going to pay for all this?

Qui-Gon tells the Toydarian, “I have 20,000 Republic dataries.”

Watto shakes his head, “Republic credits?!? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real.”

Qui-Gon pleads softly, "I don't have anything else, “ raising his hand he continues, “but credits will do fine.”

Watto almost falls for it but breaks free, “No they won'ta.”

Qui-Gon, using his mind power, waves his hand again, “Credits will do fine.”

Watto exclaims, “No, they won'ta. What you think you're some kinda Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don'ta work on me-only money. No money, no parts! No deal! And no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that." 

Jar Jar pulls a part out of a stack of parts to inspect it, and they all come tumbling down. He struggles to catch them, only to knock more down. Anakin and Padme are oblivious. Anakin, "wouldn't have lasted long if I weren't so good at fixing things. I'm making my own droid."

Qui-Gon hurries into the shop, followed by R2. Qui-Gon walks up to the group, “We're leaving.”

Jar Jar follows Qui-Gon. Padme gives Anakin a loving look. Padme smiles stating to the young boy, “I'm glad I met you, ah…” she pauses not knowing the boys name.

In turn Anakin responds, “Anakin Skywalker.”

Padme finishes, “Anakin.” 

Padme responds quickly, “Padme Naberrie.”

Padme turns, and Anakin looks sad as he watches her leave. Anakin, “I'm glad I met you too.”

Percy enters the shop with a smile on his face but it quickly disappears when Watto and Gabe enter the junkyard, shaking their heads. Watto states, “Ootmians! Tinka me chasa hopoe ma booty na nolia. (Outlanders! They think because we live so far from the center, we don't know nothing.)”

Anakin shrugs and says, “La lova num botaffa. (They seemed nice to me.)“

Watto (subtitled) Fweepa niaga. Tolpa da bunky dunko. (Clean the racks, then you can go home.)”

Anakin lets out a "yipee" and runs out the back. Percy tries to follow by Gabe stops him, “Why did that Centaur talk to you, eh? And why didn’t you grab me a drink, my friends are coming over to play crokin and you better be their to serve them.” 

Qui-Gon, R2, Jar Jar, and Padme have found a quiet spot between two buildings. The busy street beyond is filled with dangerous looking creatures. Qui-Gon is talking on his com-link, while Jar Jar nervously watches the street. Obi-Wan is in the main hold of the Naboo craft. Qui-Gon speaks through the comlink, “Obi-Wan, you're sure there isn't anything of value left on board?”

Obi-Wan replies, “A few containers of supplies, the Queen's wardrobe, maybe. Not enough for you to barter with. Not in the amounts you're talking about.”

Qui-Gon sighs as he turns to see Chiron walking towards the small group, “All right. Another solution will present itself. I'll check back.” Qui-Gon puts his comlink away and starts out into the main street. Jar Jar grabs his arm.

Jar Jar, “Noah gain...da beings hereabouts cawazy. Wesa be robbed uncrunched.”

Qui-Gon tells the worried Gungan, “Not likely. We have nothing of value, that's our problem.”

He stops to talk with Chiron, “What was wrong with the other boy?”

Chiron chuckles and says, “He is the one I have been looking for back on Earth. He is a forbidden child of the Greek God Poseidon. It’s no wonder Sally and Percy are here, he can’t access his powers, no be seen by the gods.”

Qui-Gon looks at the older master impressed, “Hmm, is his force sensitive.”

Chiron nods his head, “Most demigods are; with the Force being Chaos and Ends sister. I have to get Perseus back to earth as soon as possible.”

Padme walks up to the two masters, “Why?”

Chiron looks at the Queen undercover, “My young friend there are two main reasons: one, Perseus has been accused by the Zeus, the King of the Gods to have taken his master bolt [his weapon of power], and two, there are many prophecies this boy must endure. I have seen the future.”