☏1- ᴄɪᴛʏ, ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʏ, ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ.

🎸

Phoenix, Arizona.

This is the third city I'm moving to just this year.

My parents always moved a lot because of their jobs, but they promised me this would be the last time. I don't believe them.

When you move a lot it's hard to keep friendships, but this time I had a surprise, the day we arrived, I was getting my things out of our car when I spotted the boy who lives next door staring at me.

⎯ Need something? ⎯I asked him, I didn't mean to be rude I was just awkward.

⎯ Have we met before? ⎯He asked me back. That boy indeed looked familiar.

⎯What is your name?

⎯I'm Do-hyun Kim. ⎯He answered. Then it came to my memory that some years ago, I lived in a city where I met a boy called Do-hyun. We studied at the same elementary school so we used to hang out, but once I left we never talked again.

⎯I think we studied together in elementary school, I'm Dustin Fields.

⎯Oh, you're right, we hung out together for some months, right?

⎯Yes, but I ended up moving to another city.

Since that day, we've become friends again, he even told me the school he was studying at so my parents could put me there. Do-hyun told me that he moved to Phoenix three months ago, at the beginning of summer break, so when the break was over, we both would be new at the school. At least I would start again with one friend.

By the way, my name is Dustin Fields, I was born in the US but my family is predominantly norwegian. I'm in the middle of high school and I don't do much. I mean, I like playing the electric guitar, and I've always had a passion for music, but that's it, there's nothing more about Dustin Fields to know.

🎸

Today is the first day of junior year, and I'm not exactly excited. I woke up earlier than my alarm, but I couldn't sleep since I was feeling anxious, so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I called Do-hyun.

⎯Dustin, why are you calling me at 5:00 AM? ⎯He asked sounding a bit sleepy.

⎯I woke up and couldn't sleep. ⎯I answered, and of course, he hung up on me.

Okay, since I didn't have anything else to do, I decided to take a shower, maybe during that, I could think about something to do. I just didn't expect to stay in there for three hours. I think I got distracted and the time flew by, but now I was late for getting ready for school, so I better hurry!

🎸

I got to the front of my house as the bus stopped there.

⎯You almost missed the bus. ⎯Do-hyun said to me as we walked in⎯Didn't you wake up early? How could you be late?

⎯I lost track of time. ⎯I said as we sat together at one of the backseats.

I tried talking to him, but Do-hyun was so tired he ended up sleeping at some point during our talk, so I just stared out the window. But at the next stop, a girl came on the school bus, and I won't lie, that girl caught my attention. She was basically the stereotype of an asian girl, but with an authentic style, if I tried to describe it, I would say: as many stars as possible. When she walked in, she made eye contact with me. She must have noticed that me and Do-hyun are new, she sat right in the seat in front of me.

⎯Hey. ⎯I said to her, she turned her head around just a bit.

⎯You're talking to me? ⎯She asked me.

⎯Well, yeah. ⎯I answered⎯ I'm Dustin, and this is my friend Do-hyun, we just moved.

⎯I noticed you were new. ⎯She said and turned back, maybe she tried to end the conversation.

⎯So... ⎯I kept going⎯ What's your name?

⎯Akari.

⎯You're japanese?

⎯Yes.

⎯Cool, I'm norwegian. ⎯This time she didn't answer, so I decided to stop there.

🎸

Total: 656 words.

An special thanks for my friends that helped me to start writting this new story. ♥︎

Bea Nara.