01. Nightmare

Sonic woke up, back in Mobius, and as confused as he was, he explored the beloved island he once knew, dearly. As he wandered about, he saw something in the corner of his eye that caught him off-guard. He squinted just to be certain his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, and sure enough he saw the treehouse he had once lived in with Longclaw. Without even thinking, he zipped up to the treehouse, and went in. As he stepped in, he saw Longclaw. Feeling overjoyed, he ran and hugged her. However, he had left the door open, and the Echidna's were 'locked and loaded', and started shooting arrows towards the two, missing Sonic, but successfully shooting Longclaw in her left wing. 

"AHHHHHH!" Sonic screamed, nearly jumping from his beautiful red racecar bed. He looked in around him, making contact with his surroundings. "Oh.." Sonic mumbled, realizing it was just a dream. He looked at the clock next to his bed, and it read '4:08am'.  "Ugh, it's so early, and there's no possible way I'm gonna be able to fall back asleep," he mumbled, in annoyance, to himself.

Sonic's ears twitched when he heard a step on the stairs to the attic, to which was his bedroom, and soon enough, he saw Maddie and Ozzy.

"Hey, sugar-cakes, you alright?" Maddie asked ever-so gently. Sonic simply nodded, still shaken from his dream. Ozzy came to Sonic's bed and laid up on his lap, earning a giggle from Sonic.         "Another nightmare?" Maddie questioned, kindly. "Yeah," Sonic murmured. "Wanna talk about it?" Maddie then asked, still with that sweet, sweet voice of hers. Sonic shook his head no, whistle putting his arms above his head, signaling for Maddie to life him up.

Sonic felt drained, but not tired, which was weird, however, he kept it to himself. 

Maddie lifted her alien hedgehog son, and she gently rubbed his back as she carried him to her bedroom, with Ozzy following their trail.

Maddie gently laid Sonic in the middle of her and Tom's bed, and then got in herself, leading to Ozzy trailing behind them afterwards.