Morning routine

The last hours of the night were more or less peaceful and pleasant so that I fell back into a dozy sleep before the rising and the quiet clatter of the roof tiles woke me up.

I followed Poppy, my friend of the Hufflepuff-house, to her grandmother's nural property after the events of last year. I wasn't surprised when I arrived to see all the magical beasts which were rescued by Poppys grandmother in her own teenage years out of the hands of poachers, which Poppy proudly tells. Those poachers were after nothing more than big money, what they earned with the trade of the beasts. During my fifth year on Hogwarts I had to deal with poachers from time to time. Here I particularly remembered the forays with Poppy. For example, we dug an illegal dragon fight ring together, recaptured the egg of a dragon and brought it back to its mother, before she could take us for breakfast or lunch maybe. 

So I wiped myself - when the first ray of sunshine tickled the tip of my nose - the last bit of sleep from my eyes, slipped out of my warm blanket and I peered out the window. I spotted Poppy while she fed the Kneazle-family. When she briefly looked up at the window of my bedroom, she smiled briefly, before turning to the kneazles which moved gracefully around her knees. I freshened up and tied my disheleved hair into a braid and slipped on my clothes. Then I made my way outside. 

It seems as if the gentle and warm breeze took away the worries and nightmares of last night and something in me felt better and it has felt as if a massive rock fell from my heart. "Good morning", Poppy yelled and came just out of the enclosure to march on the fenced area of the Jiricawls. "Would you like to help me to feed the Jiricawls?", Poppy asked cheerfully. "Sure", I answered and followed her to the enclosure.