Owl post

After we fed the beasts we returned to the house where Poppys grandmother, Maylea Sweeting, where she was already on her feet and preparing the breakfast. A faint and delicious scent wafted through the house and the scent worked for a few seconds, before she called us into the little dining room, where she served the breakfast. "I'm sure you're hungry", she said to me and smiled. I found myself cutting a big piece of the Cauldron cake and I suddenly discovered that I was very hungry. I caught a glimpse of Poppys grandmother and for a brief, shameful moment, I thought that she would scold me for being hungry. But she smiled and turned back to Poppy. 

"Grandmother, look!", Poppy shouted suddenly and turned her gaze to the kitchen window. "Freya is coming!" 

Freya was a stately barn owl, which was the loyal companion of Maylea Sweeting, when she visited Hogwarts in her school years. Maylea Sweeting opened the kitchen window and with a loud and shrill scream the owl fluttered through the kitchen window and almost landed in my last piece of the Cauldron cake. Poppys grandmother stroked her head soothingly and Freya clacked her beak contentedly. A brownish folded parchment was attached to the owl's left leg - attached with a thin string.She removed carefully the parchment from the owl's leg which landed on Maylea Sweeting's shoulder and were led by her out of the little dining room while she whispered quietly with her. 

"Open it!", Poppy urged after we're retired to Poppys room. 

I have to admit that I had an uneasy feeling the longer I held the parchment in my hands. I had a quietly inkling who have sent this foldes parchment and on one hand it filled me with joy but on the other hand there were the events happend at the end of the last year and the nightmares that came with it. "Come on!", Poppy spoke up and cautiously peeked over my shoulder. I unfolded the brownish document with a quietly sigh and it came just as I expected: the letter came from Uganda. 

"It's from Natty!", Poppy shouted. "What did she writing?" 

"Hello Poppy, hello Leanne, 

I hope you both are well. Our vacation in Uganda is coming to an end. Mother and me are returning to London just in a few days to be back on time for the start of the new school year. I'm really looking forward to seeing you both again. 

Mother and me visited - while we spent our time in Uganda - Uagadou. It was nice to see some of my old friends again but however, I couldn't imagine life without you. And especially not withou friends like you both. I can't wait to see you again at the Hogwarts Express. 

Leanne - please promise me that you won't get in trouble as long as I'm there to protect you, okay? 

See you soon, 
Natty" 

A feeling of sadness overcame me while reading the letter. 

Don't get me wrong - I missed to spent my life at Hogwarts and my friends too, but otherwise the death of my mentor, what weighs heavily on me and that makes it impossible to return to the school. I take a deep breath before I told Poppy my decision. 

"I'll.... I'll never return to Hogwarts."