First match

Pez POV

"What does you think about yourself . I was just trying to show that there are people who you could rely on but you yelled at me in front of others. Now i will show you what i am made of Miss Mandhana you will regret bringing out my enemy trait. I will show you what it is to feel humiliated in front of others wait and watch."(I said and started laughing)
"Were u expecting me to say something like this after hearing your long shitty speech huh. Um then sorry to disappoint you but this was really a bad plan of your Captain. Make sure you upgrade your IQ for match strategies. Otherwise it would be embarrassing being part of such a great team. ( I completed my speech and went on from there to my friends table that was acroos the room)

Sophie " have u satisfied the hunger with the insult or do you have space to eat breakfast too"
She said laughing

"Ha ha ha very funny Soph , but if she thinks these tricks of her will make me run away how delusional of her. Shes does not know which Ellyse Perry is, if she wants something shes gets that by hook or crook." I said with determination to break her by icy demeanour

Match day

Today is our first match of WPL against Delhi Capitals.

Dressing room

Coach " okay guys today is our first game of the tournament. Give ur hundred percent and remember what u were taught in training stick to basics and remember individual roles whchi are assigned to. All the best"

Yes coach replied everybody

We won the toss and chose to bowl

Smriti "Guys this is it we have been training for this moment for few days now lets show what RCB bloodline is made of

Smriti "Guys this is it we have been training for this moment for few days now lets show what RCB bloodline is made of. Give your best, we can do it lets play our best game today and show the world what we are made of"
1,2,3,4 RCB all said together

223/2 was the target we were given by DC
Smriti " guys Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. Play bold."

Smriti and Sophie opened the innings and then Sophie got out early only scoring 14 runs then it was my turn to bat me & Miss Mandhana build up a good partnership then suddenly Capse took her second wicket that was Smriti. The pressure of big score was building after loosing the wicket and then in 10 over I was bowled just scoring 31(19) and from there the downfall of our team started and at the end we could just put up 163/8 and we lost by 60 runs. That was a big loss.

Everyone was devastated after post match ceremony and are now sitting dressing room lost in their thoughts

Suddenly Smriti entered the room with bang making everyone startled
Smriti " ok why such long faces guys huh. Tough game today, but remember, we win as a team and we lose as a team. And chin up one game does not decide our potential. Losses are part of the game. What matters is how we bounce back from them. So i believe we will bounce back with roar.... come here everyone"
She held her hand out and we all went near her forming a circle and overlapping our hands.
"1,2,3,4"she said and we replied RCB
"Louder" 1,2,3,4 RCB we roared
Good thats the spirit and dont let this match demotivate you" and she left the room leaving everyone wondering she may be a She Devil during traning and matches but shes really good Captain who knows how to motivate and lift everyone's mood and also have high captaincy skills.

Damn you Mandhana you are making me your fan with each passing day. I admire your steel focus and enigmatic aura that you carry. (shes thought while starting at the retreating figure of Smriti)

"don't burn holes in her head Pez" Sophie said startling her
"Damn girl you just gave me a mini heart attack & secondly i was just admiring her you know about how dedicated she is towards our team" i replied
"Yeah yeah i could see that clearly.Someone is getting attracted to the ice queen"
The what now? I asked puzzled
"Its her nickname u know among many others its trending on social media. People are literally criticising her for her poor captaincy see
VK 🫱🏽‍🫲🏾SM chokers
Another 18 who is failed captain
Overrated player
RCB in there real form
I read all the mean trending tweets and was like how much the Indian fans hate Indian players just for losing a single game even after giving their best. I can't imagine how she is coping with such harshness and then suddenly my eyes caught another trending tweets related to me..
Like how well i played and others things among it but what was shocking was i literally scored less than Smriti and with same strike rate and she is geting hate for it, this hate is just so unfair & unnecessary.

Should i confront her about it or will she against lash out by saying its her problems and don't interfere in them.
Oh god i dont know what to do about it.
"Shouldn't we follow her to see how shes doing?" I asked
"Um i think we should let her compose herself and give space"said Shreyanka
"Yea mate i think Shreyanka is right" said Devine
" ok alright if you guys think so"

She will come around i know shes a strong person. Then everybody went to there respective hotel rooms. Me and Sophie were roommates and i wonder who is Smriti's roommate. I slept as soon as i hit the pillow thinking about one her.

So Pez slept but there was someone who could not digest the fact that she did not performed up to the mark. The inner turmoil was taking here sleep away. She did not sleep a wink that night making strategies and reviewing where they went wrong that day. She was determined to make her team the best and was trying her 100 percent.

So this was the update guys thanku for reading it & stay tuned for another update. Share your thoughts about this chapter and let me any flaws or ideas u want to share. Im in for it all.