Chapter 14 - Sex Ed with Elijah Mikaelson

Elijah burst through the door, hearing the video playing in his mate's room. The instant he walked in and saw her horrified, tear stained face, he knew Niklaus had something to do with it.

How else would she have found a graphic video?

Carefully he approached her, saying nothing before taking the tablet out of her hands. She was numb and frozen still, staring at the floor with wide eyes.

"Sweetheart..." he didn't know what to say. He couldn't work out what she needed to hear from him. He didn't know what she was thinking, let alone what she understood.

Did she watch anything bad?

"He tied her up and hurt her. Do you want to do that to me?" Maeve eyed her mate suspiciously, her now fragile heart nearly bursting out of her chest while she waited for his response.

If he said no, she would believe him. She was counting on it, she knew he would reassure her. She had to be overreacting, she had to be. Because if she wasn't...

"Well I don't want to hurt you sweetheart," Elijah avoided half the question, something she noted immediately. It didn't calm her nerves at all, in fact, his response made her panic more.

"You would tie me down?" She asked worriedly, recalling the video she saw where the woman was not enjoying being with her mate at all.

"I would enjoy that, yes," Elijah answered straightforwardly, refusing to hide his desires from her.

"No Elijah I don't want that, I don't want you," Maeve's chest constricted and her heart finally broke at his words. She couldn't believe he wanted to hurt her, her trust had grown and now she felt stupid. He hid this from her. He lied.

Elijah stepped forwards, pained at her admission. The bond sent cramps through both their abdomens, punishing them equally for Maeve pushing him away.

It infuriated Maeve so much, the bond didn't give her a choice. If she rejected him, however slight, they would both suffer so much. The bond wasn't fair.

This could never be equal.

"If it's done correctly it shouldn't be something scary sweetheart," Elijah chose reassurance while explaining he would never do anything she wasn't enthusiastic about.

But his words had the opposite effect and she started to cry again.

"What's wrong honey?" Elijah took hold of her hands, running his thumbs over the back of them. He couldn't work out what had just made her upset, she was a mystery to him.

"You've done it before?" She choked out feeling sick at the thought.

"Yes, you don't need to worry," he reassured her, misunderstanding her distress.

Maeve fell silent while Elijah hoped she was simply processing his words and calming down. It was clear she was petrified, especially since she hardly understood what she saw. He couldn't blame her at all, he would have to tread lightly on this topic.

The silence filled the room for a very very long time. Maeve was drawn to her mate for comfort in the confusion and hurt, even if he was partially responsible for how awful she was feeling. If she could trust that he was right, that mating could be enjoyable even if it was the opposite of what she'd seen, she was still very insecure.