♤Chapter 2♤

September

September

I breathed a sigh of relief as I entered the Academy gates.

Nightshade Academy.

My home away from hell.

That's what my home felt like to me.

My own personal hell. It doesn't even feel like a home, not even close, more like a house I grew up in.

Don't get me wrong I'll miss my mom and siblings and I wish I didn't have to leave them behind with that monster.

The Devil to my hell. My father.

My Family owns a chain of worldwide multi-billion dollar companies called Kings Industries.

We own hotels, clubs, Research facilities, you name it.

My father is busy running our biggest company and managing and checking up on the other ones so he's rarely at home.

But when he was, it was absolute hell, especially the nights he came home drunk.

I hated that I had to leave my mom and siblings behind but I had to.

I walked through the school gates and into the courtyard.

At Nightshade Academy, I was the King of the school, which is ironic considering my last name is Kings.

I heard girls yelling my name immediately letting me know I was spotted.

I ignored the flock that swarmed around me and the looks that came our way from the other students around us and made my way towards my friends who were seated around a table with just as many girls around them. There were a few guys as well, guys who wanted to be our friends and guys who wanted to be us.

It was empowering.

My friends and I were popular at school due to our wealth, good looks, and the many contributions we made to the school.

My best friend Caleb was the first to spot me out of the group.

"Here he is ladies and gentlemen, his Majesty has decided to grace us with his presence." He bowed and applauded.

"Shut up asshole." I shoved him playfully as I approached. 

"Finally, you're here, I thought I was gonna have to off myself, if I had to listen to these two annoying assholes any longer," Holt said giving me a bro hug.

"Hey, I'm not annoying." Said Theo with mock offense.

Holt rolled his eyes, while Caleb and I gave Theo a look. We talked about what we did over the summer and a bunch of other random shit.

"So Al, a little birdie told me that you and Vivian are back together. True or False?" Caleb asked.

"Who the fuck told you that?" I asked disgusted "Wait, lemme guess... Vivian?" 

He frowned, "It's not fun when you guess. But seriously are you?"

"Hell no. We just hooked up at a party over the summer, that was it."

"Nice, never liked the bitch."

"Same, why'd you keep her around anyway?" asked Theo.

I smirked "Do I really have to answer that?"

"Don't answer my question with a question." he huffed. I rolled my eyes. Caleb started talking about the upcoming homecoming game and how we were sure to win again.

Theo and I inserted our own comments here and there, while Holt just listened. He was more of a silent, listen-and-observe kind of guy.

Just then I felt a pair of eyes on us. I turned around and saw a girl looking our way.

I could tell she was observing us and she was obviously new. She looked to be around 17 maybe 18. She had long, light brown hair and the most stunning grey eyes I had ever seen. She had an hourglass figure with plump kissable lips. She was hot. Like smokin' hot. She had this look in her eyes that could only mean trouble. Just like the rest of us.

Suddenly her eyes snapped toward mine and we engaged in a silent staring battle for a good few seconds before she looked away.

She shook her head and began walking away but not before I saw the slight red tint to her cheeks which made me smirk.

Oh, I'm gonna have fun with this one.

The guys and I left the girls behind and headed towards the football field where a few cheerleaders were practicing.

We sat at the top of the bleachers, where a viper, the school mascot, was painted. We talked for a while and messed around, Caleb and Theo mostly catcalling the cheerleaders.

This is gonna be a great year.

_________________________________________

A/N

I know, I know it's a short one. I'll try to post more. I hope you guys liked this one. Hope you guys are having a great day. Bye