Feathers, feathers

To say that Peter was shaking is an understatement. His body temperature dropped, limbs flimsy. Panic gripped his stomach, its fist unyielding as fear ran its sharp claws down his spine.

He was fucked. His identity in explicit danger. Thousands of images flashed through his jumbled brain. How will he protect May? Or Ned and MJ? The thought that they will bear the malicious intents of caped and flying villains once his identity is revealed sent him reeling towards the edge. 

Peter paced around his room in pure panic and raw fear. No matter how much he tugged on his hair, or shook 

his arms the fear seemed more relentless to seep out of his body.

How does Nayla know that I am Spiderman? Who even is she?

RING RING RING    RING RING RING

Peter's heart dropped to his stomach. His heartbeats pounded in his ears, overshadowing any coherent thought. He dropped his phone twice before answering. 

"Hello?" He gulped. "Spider-kid swing your ass to the Avengers compound we have an important meeting." Stark absentmindedly said as a distant sound of metal clanking followed by a small explosion could be heard. Peter visibly deflated as his worries of being blackmailed by an anonymous caller melted away. 

"O-okay Mr Stark." Peter replied as he strained his face trying to remain calm. "You okay kid? If not I can send happy to-." Tony was interrupted by Peter's abrupt response that he would swing to the compound. 

The adrenaline rush from swinging calmed him as he thought of the most appropriate ways to drop the absolute bomb on his mentor. Hey Mr. Stark a random girl just nonchalantly asked if my webs are organic. Though he feared his reaction (disappointment mostly), he knew that he was doing the right thing. It would be the safest route, for him and his loved ones.

Chin in hand, brows furrowed and zoned out; sat Peter in the meeting room, between Captain America and The Falcon. Both took notice of his stressed state and shared some glances, concerned for the kid. What riddled the spiderling the most is why his spider sense never alerted him of any danger around Nayla. Sam could see the fumes swirling out of Peter's ears as his brain burned from overthinking, or so Sam liked to believe.

The meeting room was a sight to behold. The earth's mightiest heroes,  unparalleled in power and strength if the missing Avengers were present. Thor was in Asgard while Rhodes was overseas.

Fury stood with Nayla, Natasha and Bucky around the kitchen island. One would assume that it was a simple meeting, pleasantries thrown here and there. But only a few knew that Fury wanted to personally introduce Nayla to some of the Dark Avengers. While Natasha saw potential and defying courage in Nayla, even though she caused the Widow the nastiest concussion. What Bucky saw was different. He saw a kid whose responsibilities could make them or break them.

The four marched towards the meeting room. Their steps loud with unwavering power. Fury entered followed by his secret army. "IT'S YOU!" Peter ubruptly yelled as his fist hit the table, pointing an accusing finger towards Nayla. 

A painstakingly long moment of silence passed as everyone looked at Peter. Clint and Sam busted out laughing, followed by few others. Tony gulped down the amber liquid as the second hand embarrassment hit him like a truck. 

"Nayla, now you wouldn't want us to think that you terrorised our little spider in school, would you?" Fury rose an eyebrow at her. His gaze was enough to make anyone crack and succumb. But not Nayla. "Of course not Director Fury." She replied, her poker face remained stoic as ever. But the trained eyes of the assassins and spies caught a glimpse of a smirk.