ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

The sun shines through the blinds ever so slightly and warms up my face. I lift the covers before thrashing around underneath them, not wanting to wake up and complete assignments. 

"Wakey wakey." My sister coos. "I made eggs and bakey." 

My hand comes into contact with her thigh and I start hitting it. "Leave." I groaned and turned away. 

"Your phone was going nuts this morning." Korine grabs it off my nightside table and hands it to me. "They're all from Ted."

"What does he want?" I still haven't emerged from under the covers. "Read it."

Korine clears her throat and unlocks my phone. "He says that he's sorry for giving you the wrong location last night and that you should watch some of..." My sister hesitated before continuing. "Schlatt's videos?"

Korine rips the covers off my head and jumps on top of me. "You went on a date and you didn't tell me?" She yells and begins to wrestle me. Despite being the younger sister, she is a firefighter and works out 5 days a week. I can barely breathe. 

"You were with Quincy last night. I didn't want to bother date night." I manage to get her off of me but now she's sitting cross-legged in my bed. "We didn't do anything special, we just-"

"Do you know who Jschlatt is?" Korine leans in and connects her forehead to mine. 

"Why are you so close to me?"

"You remember those Minecraft videos I was obsessed with during COVID?" 

I try to remember what my sister is referring to but COVID was a blur to me. I was in school trying to survive online classes since that was the only thing that mattered. "No?"

Korine leaned back and sighed. "Yes, you do. The one with Dream?" I stare at her for a few beats before smiling. 

"Yeah, now I remember." I sit up. "You used to read that Heat Waves-"

Korine tackles me again. 

"Shut up!" She shoved her fingers in my face in an attempt to get me to stop laughing. 

"Yeah! You were obsessed with those two gay guys! Dream and George! Oh my god, how could I forget?" I laugh and try not to suffocate. "I CAN'T BREATHE WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE!" 

"Olive you suck so much!" My little sister got off of me and stormed to the door of my room. "Anyway, the guy you went on the date with was in those videos-"

"The Dreamy SMP videos? Hey, didn't he like, fight Gumball or something?" I lift a hand to my mouth to conceal the giggle about to escape.

"Can you let me finish?" She raised her voice and rolled her eyes. "Yes, he did. Jschlatt was the corrupt president?"

"Kors Light I don't know what stupidities you're yapping about." I rub my eyes and chuckle. "Why don't you go make me a yappaccino while you're downstairs with a side of yapperoni pizza from last night-"

Korine slams the door and stomps her feet as she descends the stairs. She may be stronger than me, but I will always be the older sister. 

"I'm going to kick you out of this house!" She screeches. 

"I didn't know you were a member of the Home Yappers Association." I retaliate. 

Korine groans and I laugh some more. She hates it when I say 'yap' because she used to say it consistently when it was trendy. It reminds her of when she was younger and cringier. 

My phone buzzes again with a text from Ted. 

Did you watch his vids yet?

I check my emails quickly and respond.