ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

As Schlatt begins to pack, making sarcastic comments about not needing body wash since he doesn't shower anyway, I am unable to comprehend how he got back to Austin so quickly. He must've booked a ticket right after I did. 

I see some chats asking how his vacation in Cape Elizabeth was and if he has any footage to post on his YouTube channel. He ignores them as the flow of the chat is too strong and only responds to the monetized questions.

Hey big guy. Hope ur doing well. Where is that girl? The automated voice asked as the donation of 5$ popped up on the screen. Schlatt pursed his lips trying to figure out who this girl was in question.

The girl was me if you're wondering. 

"Girl?" Schlatt trails off, looking out into the distance. "What girl?" 

I've never been mentioned in any of Schlatt's videos or Twitter or Instagram or anywhere social media related. Why am I so convinced that the girl is me?

I stare at the chat and all of them mention the girl from the Weekly Slap video or the girl that he talked about on the Weekly Slap. My heart sinks and the biggest and deadliest wave of nausea runs over me. 

"Oh, her." Schlatt chuckles as he continues to wrap porcelain items in brown paper. "I don't know where she is."

The chat continued to ask questions like what happened to her? Is she still around? 

Does she still make u sick lmao?

This comment catches my eye so quickly and I'm instantly brought back to our conversation at the beach. I remember Schlatt's dark brown eyes and the way his rough hand grazed the curve of my hip. I remember him telling me that I made him sick before kissing me like he caught himself in a lie. 

Schlatt doesn't see the comment and continues his ramble and his packing stream. I have the strongest urge to go to his house and set all of his packing boxes on fire so he goes back to the store to buy more. 

"Alright boys, I'm starving." Schlatt opens his fridge and takes out a Gingerale. My stomach does a flip as he cracks it open and puts some ice in his cup. He peers at it a second longer than he intended to, shaking his head and chuckling to himself "God, why am I looking at this Gingerale?" 

I want to send a message saying: look who has a piss kink now but thinking about that time in his townhouse playing Mario Kart makes me too sad. 

...

I haven't gone back to work since my boss is under the impression I'm still in Maine. I spend these days in my backyard with an iced coffee and a book to clear my mind. I decided to read Emily Henry's bibliography and right now I'm on Happy Place. 

There are a lot of similarities between Schlatt, Harriet, Wyn, and I. I have to put the book down a couple of times so I don't cry but I've gotten through a pretty large chunk of it. 

When it gets too hot outside, I retreat and head into my room. 

JARED SCHLATT

hey

I check my phone expecting it to be another text from Ted. When I see it's from Schlatt I nearly drop my phone from the surprise. Since I have a Samsung read receipts don't work and I've never been more thankful for a feature. 

did u watch my stream?

Oh fuck why is he asking me that?

I bite my nail and weight out the pros and the cons of responding to the message. On one hand, maybe I can receive some closure. On the other hand...I have to talk to Schlatt and confront my problems.