"Pharmacy run"

We got one of our horses to help pull the sick man out of the well.
"Come on, big momma, pull."I said standing next to her the rest of the group pulled on the rope ahead of me.

"Come on pull!"T shouted trying to pull harder I walked the horse further back with Lori. My face scrunched up in discussed when the thing finally slipped halfway up the well.

"Just a little more!"T said I took a few more steps the thing hands reached for us as we pulled it out."it's stuck!"Glenn yelled as it no longer started to make its way out of the well.

I keep myself from gagging when the sick man split in two."we should seal off this well."That pore man will never be able to walk again."what do we do about-"

I flinched when T dog started to pash the sick man's head. He's killing that man he just kill that man. oh my god...I turned around slowly I couldn't watch this was to much.....

Not only did they send Glenn down there but they killed this man he could have had a future when they found a cure. I walked away letting a sob come out of my mouth.

I just witnessed a murder.....I walked up towards my horse grabbing the halter and made my way towards the field.

****

Finally we made our way towards town riding on my horses. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened and by the way Glenn keep looking at me I knew he wanted to ask.

I couldn't talk about it I didn't want to I just wanted to forget it happened. I looked off into the trees as I sat up straight the sound of the horses hooves stepping on pavement is the only thing I could hear.

The silence is the one good thing about going to town."You know, normally this is the kind of thing I'd do on my own."I rolled my eyes so much for that silence I was hoping for.

"Solo."the tone of his voice made it seem like he was trying to act cool. I wasn't buying it."it's sort of my thing you know?"I continued to ignore him looking ahead of me as we pasted trees and houses.

"I'm a loner."I squinted my eyes as the sun shown on my face. Glenn watched me as I ignored him noticing I wasn't talking to him like I normally would.

"Are you all right?"Glenn asked looking over at me."I'm just great,  living the dream."I said sarcasm laced in my voice. Copying what he said to himself in the well.

"I saw the look on your face back at the well."we crossed a stop sign and some old stores."Never seen one killed that close before?"What you mean never have I seen a person be killed.

That thought just didn't seem real. Why would they kill a person unless it wasn't a person...I just don't know anymore dad tells me there sick and one day there will be a cure killing the sick people is still a sin.

I ignored his question."Guess it's kind of a shock."I moved my horse further away from him hoping that would give him a hint. It didn't."you know, being on the road, we've seen a lot. Guess we've gotten a little numb to it."

I pulled the horse to a stop into of the pharmacy."Yeah sure I bet you have."I jumped off of the horse before tying the leash to a fence pole. Glenn and I walked up towards the building.

The same sign I seen over and over again was still placed on the window seal.

Take what you need and god bless

I sighed and looked down. I didn't want to lose hope but I was. I walked away from the sign and opened the door. The place was a mess like always.

Glenn was quick to follow me inside"I'll go check the back see what's left of the Antibiotics. What else is on the list?"Be dropped hi backpack to the floor and pulled it out"Uh....why don't you get started?"