What about Genni?

{Note from creator: this takes place in the past, when Mist was still with Macaque on their journey--basically taking place in the first story, Mist's Chapters.}

A baby wails in her mother's arms, her tail wrapping around her leg and ears flattened.

"Shhhh my love.."
The mother speaks softly, rocking her newborn. The father rushes in, coming by his wife's side.
"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"It's a girl..say hi to your daddy.."
The mother smiles, handing her child to her husband. The father cradles the baby in his arms, taking a good look at his new daughter.
"She's beautiful...but.. something's wrong."

"What is it sweetheart..?"
The mother asks tiredly.
"She's too weak and frail...she couldn't be the reborn goddess.."
He mutters disappointed, handing the baby back to his wife.
"There could be a chance...she could probably the the hero of our village."

"Impossible! She's too tiny!"
The father raises his voice, startling the baby.
"Honey calm down! You're scaring her...please let's discuss this later, I wanna come up with a name."

"...fine."
He sits down, he takes a few deep breaths and stares back at his daughter, a light smile coming on his face.

"How about Genni? Genni Rosa.."

"That's a beautiful name...yes.. we'll came her Genni..my sweet little fox."

~~~6 years later~~~

Genni runs around with her brother, Xio, trying to catch a blue butterfly, Xio jumps up, catching the butterfly in his paws, he morphs back into a human, though his fox features stick out. Genni does the same. He looks in his paws and sees he had smushed the poor butterfly.

"Look what you've done! You killed it!"
Genni snaps in disappointment.

"So? It's just a butterfly! Also a snack."
He tosses the bug into his mouth.

"You don't care for anything but yourself do you?!"
Genni pushes Xio.

"Shut up softie!"
He shoves Genni to the ground.

"Ow!!"
Genni cries, holding her shoulder.

"You're so weak! And a crybaby! You wimp!"
Xio snickers, Genni gets up and runs to her grandma, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Gma!! Xio youn pushed me!!"
She runs into her grandma's arms, hugging her tight.

"Now Xio, you know she's only six and she's weaker than you! Be more gentle!"

"It isn't my fault she's 3 years younger than me! Most girls her age know how to put up a fight! But she can barely stand!"
Xio grumbles, going away to play somewhere else. Genni sniffles and wipes her eyes, feeling flustered and frustrated.

"It's okay my little pup..sit here."
Her grandma pats the spot beside her. Genni sits there and her grandma takes out her hair, now brushing it.

"You're brother is always gonna tease you and play rough...you need to learn how to protect yourself."

"How though? I'm too weak! I'm too small! Even dad hates me!"

"Now that not true, my gem...your father does love you. He just.. doesn't show it."

"It's no fair how Xio gets special treatment. He always gets what he wants, while I gotta work to get what I want!"