Part 6 - We play capture the flag with some puppies

After getting back to the cabin, Luke and I both changed as we were a tad bit sweaty. And after that, our morning was quite boring. Had breakfast and chatted with Percy for a bit before showing everybody up at Archery. We got to do a quick lesson on architecture which was entertaining and it was quite nice to see Annabeth acting like a kid. She was giddy and bouncing around like a kid.

However! Before lunch we had a quick lesson from Luke at the ring. 

We got there and Luke made sure everybody was holding their respective swords and I just used a random training sword. He went on to then call up Percy to demonstrate  a disarming technique.

He gestured for Percy to raise his sword in which Luke had locked his hilt onto Percy's.

"You want to put your hilt right here." He said, "Then you twist!" As he twisted his hand, the sword that Percy had flew out of his hand and onto the floor.

"Everybody grab a partner and practice!"

I gestured to Percy as he picked up his sword, walking over to him.

"Partners?" I asked as I was met with an exaggerated sigh.

"The camps two aces, what a day." He said sounding unhappy. "Sure (Y/n)"

Percy and I practiced for a while, it was more so him practicing it on me as I was fairly confident in my own abilities and soon after; my sword popped right from my hands and hit the floor. I smiled at the result, looking up seeing Percy with a large goofy grin. I picked up my sword and was about to say something as Luke interrupted me.

"Take a water break everybody then meet me back in the centre."

I walked over and took a sip of my water, gently dousing my head with it and I noticed Percy didn't have any water so I offered him mine. He did the same, taking a sip then dousing his face in the water and when he did, I noticed his eyes looked like they were more blue, and he seemed rejuvenated. His movements looked deliberate and he was finally holding his sword with some confidence. I followed Percy over to the forming group that convened around Luke.

"Does anybody want to give it a try against me?"

I saw Luke's eyes looking at me, almost like he was looking for a rematch but to his shock, Percy raised his hand.

"Guess we'll start and end in the same place. Come up Percy."

Percy walked to the centre along with Luke and they got into similar looking fighting stances however Luke stood with a noticeable amount more confidence.

"3"

"2"

"1"

Percy immediately lunged at Luke, seemingly trying to go for a surprise attack and you can say it worked...sort of. Luke wasn't anticipating that level of aggression but parried the attack. Luke then took a step back, trying to figure out what the difference was.

Percy's aggression was there, it was like he was actually fighting for his life. But the stamina wasn't there as Percy's movements were beginning to slow and were definitely getting more sluggish. Percy was clearly desperate so he tried the disarming technique, and to everybody's (but me) shock he actually pulled it off.

Everyone was in awe at the situation, including Percy who was staring at his own hands trying to figure out what happened.

"Beginner's Luck!!" Someone shouted

"Shall we test that?" Luke asked as Percy nodded

The fight broke out as Luke started with agression and lunged at Percy, who was nearly unable to raise his sword to block it. Luke did the technique and disarmed him within a total of four seconds.