25 - Killing Spree -

[Edgar POV]

What. Is. Going. On. I stared at the scrapbook again. Better than Fang. Does that mean? She did. What? Fang. Me. Colette. What's going on?

I grabbed the book and flung it across the room, it fell back on my page. "Is this book enchanted or something?" I slapped the book shut and it remained that way.

Footsteps. Hurried footsteps. I gasped. Fang. "Edgar!" He yelled, eyeing the book and blanched. "Swear to me that you won't tell Colette!"

"Wh-what?" I stuttered.

"Just do it." He told me, looking utterly desperate.

"Why...? Colette used to like you? Wait. What. Did. Did you like her back? WHEN?" I jumped on Fang, pushing him to the floor.

"Alright, Edgar, chill. Colette used to like me and... I did like back. But, it was a year ago, we kinda realised that we weren't perfect together after a few months, we broke up, but remained friends." Fang sighed.

"Then... she still lied to me." I murmured, turning away angrily. "How could she?" I hissed, grabbing the book and tossing it on the bed.

"Will you keep this a secret between us?" Fang asked nervously.

I frowned, then sighed. "Whatever you want."

Fang touched my hand. "I'm sorry Edgar." He said, before leaving quietly.

"What's going on?" I whispered. "So... Cole lied to me. But..." I shook my head in frustration. I'm keeping this secret from her. But I might give her a little bit of silent treatment.

[Hours Later]

"Edgar. Umm. Colette's back." Fang whispered, poking his head in. I froze. Cole. Cole. I turned my back to her as I grabbed my book and pretended to read. "Good luck."

"Edgarrrrr!!! Are you better yet?" Colette grabbed my face and stared sweetly into my eyes. I did my best to give her a poker face, before looking back down into my book. "How was the day??" She asked.

Sh*t. I thought, frowning at the book. This is so hard. "Edgarrrr????" She waved her hand in front of my face. This is so hard to ignore. "FANG!" She called. "Is Edgar ignoring us?" Fang rushed in.

"Oh. Hey Fang." I yawned, before turning back to the book. This is so stupid. I thought, glancing at the book.

"WHAT? Can he not see me?"

"I'm not sure..." Fang said, playing perfectly to the act. "Maybe you can first-"

"When's Cole coming back? Isn't it past the closing time?" I asked, looking up again.

"I'M RIGHT HERE!"

"Colette? Oh, she's back." I frowned.

"Oh." I stood up and walked downstairs. "I'm going to go out for a moment." I called. Fang nodded.

"Wait! It's almost night..." Colette's voice trailed away.

I've got a feeling this won't end well. I thought as I grabbed my bag and wallet. The door creaked open. "F*ck what?" Let's just pretend the door just opened by itself. Colette was standing in front of me, the door wide open.

I took the chance and left, turning around to make sure Colette wasn't following. She was. I sighed. Just deal with it Edgar. 

Turning to walk to the gift shop, I heard Colette gasp. Wait. Not there. I need to go bathe in my emo-ness. Starr Park's actual park should be fine. Where I met Fang. 

I turned a corner and found a crowd in the park. What the hell is going on in there? I walked in slowly and turned to look.

There was a girl. Pink hair. Sh*t. She looks familiar. That's Janet. F*ck. I turned to find Colette gasping at Janet. "What's she doing here? With that crowd?" She murmured. "Hey Edgar...?" Colette whispered.