Chapter 7

As the afternoon wore on, Sid's pain escalated to a debilitating level. Raj, Sid's father, grew increasingly concerned and promptly called the doctor to attend to his son's worsening condition. Meera, Sid's mother, hovered anxiously nearby, futilely rubbing balm on his aching back.

"Kuch asar nahi ho raha, Raj," she murmured worriedly, her eyes brimming with tears as she witnessed Sid's agony.

Sid's groans of pain filled the air, echoing through the room as Miu and Rey stood by helplessly, their hearts heavy with fear for their father.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and relief flooded through the room as the doctor arrived. "Doctor sahab, jaldi aaiye, Sid ko bahut takleef ho rahi hai," Raj urged, ushering the doctor inside.

The doctor wasted no time in assessing Sid's condition, his brow furrowed in concern as he examined him. "Sidharth ji, aap apne aap ko bahut zyada dabav mein daal rahe hain," he admonished gently.

Sid winced as the doctor administered an injection to his spine, the relief washing over him in waves. "Doctor sahab, kya yeh theek ho jayega?" Meera asked anxiously, her hands clasped in prayer.

The doctor nodded reassuringly. "Ji haan, par abhi Sidharth ji ko kuch dinon tak poora aaram ki zarurat hai. Main kuch dawaiyan saline ke zariye dunga," he explained, his tone firm yet compassionate.

Sid's heart sank at the prospect of being confined to bed rest, his mind racing with thoughts of the impending challenges. But as he glanced at Miu and Rey, their eyes filled with concern and love, he found strength in their unwavering support.

With a heavy sigh, Sid surrendered to the doctor's orders, knowing that his health was paramount. And as he closed his eyes, enveloped in the warmth of his family's love, he prayed for the strength to endure whatever lay ahead.

As the saline began to flow through his veins, Sid felt a slight easing of the relentless pain that had gripped him for hours. He mustered a weak smile as he looked towards his children, their faces etched with worry and fear.

"Come here, Miu, Rey," Sid beckoned with a gentle wave of his hand, his voice soft yet reassuring.

Miu and Rey approached tentatively, their eyes fixed on the cannula in Sid's hand. But despite their fear, they knew they needed to be by their father's side, offering whatever comfort they could.

Sid drew them close, enveloping them in his arms, his heart swelling with love and gratitude. "Shh, don't worry, my darlings. Daddy will be fine," he murmured soothingly, his voice barely above a whisper.

The children clung to him tightly, their tears mingling with his as they sought solace in each other's embrace. "We promise, Dad," Miu whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "We'll always listen to you and be good kids. And we'll do our homework on time, so you won't have to worry."

Rey nodded fervently, his small hand clutching Sid's shirt as if afraid to let go. "Haan, Dad. Hum achhe bachche banenge. Aap jaldi theek ho jayenge tab," he vowed earnestly, his eyes shining with determination.

Tears welled up in Sid's eyes as he pulled his children closer, overwhelmed by their unwavering support. "Thank you, my angels," he murmured, his heart overflowing with love and pride. "Tum dono mere liye sab kuch ho." In that moment, surrounded by the boundless love of his children, Sid felt a renewed sense of strength and purpose. No matter what challenges lay ahead, he knew that with Miu and Rey by his side, he could overcome anything.

And as they huddled together, their hearts beating as one, Sid vowed to cherish every moment with his precious children, grateful for the gift of their unwavering love and devotion. For in their embrace, he found solace and strength, a beacon of hope in the darkest of times

I have a request: if any of you have any ideas for what I should write about in the next chapter, please suggest them, as I am currently out of ideas. If you are uncomfortable suggesting here, you can also DM me personally in my inbox.

If by any chance you happen to stumble upon this book, please do leave feedback and suggestions for improvement, as I am a new writer and this is my first book.