Chapter 6: The Day of the Play!

Berrie worked on her computer. She had been staying up late for days working on the digital setting art for the play. She digitally painted woods with dark mint green appearances and mysterious lights flowing throughout the forest. The UFO in the sky where Janice meets and confronts the aliens. Scarlett looked at the art "Berrie this is amazing! It's just like what I imagined in my head as I wrote the mysterious vibe. But with my limited art skills, I was never able to translate it into a comic"

Berrie smiled. "I'm glad you like it! That game we played really inspired me to take my art to the next level! I have you to thank for my improvement!"

Demi Batista had auditioned as Janice's friend "Abbey" A courageous and nerdy girl who helps her with the power of technology to defeat the aliens.

Her audition was flawless. "Ahem here is my audition!"
"Janice! We can use the power of our humanity to show these aliens we will never give earth up! have hope!" Demi smirked happily and proudly. "Well then! How do ya like it? I've seen and directed enough spooky movies to perfect my delivery!"

Scarlet and the rest of the Series 3 group clapped. "You've got the part!' Rosie said.

The day of the play was approaching but the series 3 squad was a bit on edge.

Oliver sat with Pinkie and showed her the soundtrack. "Are you sure it's good enough, Pinkie? Making a YouTube credits song was one thing but a play sound track! How can I make it my best when I'm so out of my element?" He says looking conflicted. "What if the audience doesn't think it matches the play?" he asks.

"Oliver it's fine! I told you it definitely sounds spooky and fitting for the setting! Oliver as a musician you'll have to step into the spotlight eventually."

Oliver sighed. "You're right. Maybe I just need to stop overthinking it. And speaking of spotlight, how has rehearsal been going?" Pinkie sighed. "Well, I know all the lines by now. But this does feel more nerve-wracking. I've been in a small play in junior high. Don't tell Scarlett but my role was minor. I never expected it to feel different from the camera. In a movie and a YouTube video, you can edit things. I guess it will be just like a livestream! Only in real life"

Oliver sighed and smiled. "Looks like I'm not the only one who's nervous then."

In another room, Scarlett sat and read the scripts looking anxious as the play was tomorrow.
Rosie saw her staying up at night on the dorm couch looking nervous. Berrie had already finished her art and went to sleep. "Scarlett! If you stay up too late you'll sleep through the play." Rosie said sitting next to her, she could tell Scarlett was anxious. "What's wrong? Tomorrow is going to be amazing! You'll want to have lots of energy for it!"

Scarlett sighed. "You're right but...What if people don't like the play?" She sighed again. "It was always something i considered but didn't want to say out loud. What if my play isn't Shadow High enough for Shadow High? What if my writing doesn't live up to the spooky and edgy and groundbreaking reputation Shadow High is known for?" Scarlett said, burying her head in her knees.

Rosie frowned. "Of course, it's Shadow High Enough for Shadow High! Shadow High isn't just black and white lights and cool clothes! It's a place where our creativity and our heart shines! You've put your all into this play. Into your creative vision! It's what being a shadow high student is all about!" Rosie smiled and hugged Scarlett. "So cheer up, okay? As a student of Shadow high, you've already impressed me and everyone else who's putting our all into the play! So have faith in not only yourself but us too!" Rosie said smiling.

Scarlett looked up smiling at Rosie and feeling reassured. "You're right! Thank you so much, Rosie! Honestly, I couldn't do it without you! And everyone else too." The two smiled. "Let's get to bed now! I think I'll be able to sleep now!" Scarlett said.