"Promises"

Author's Note: In this chapter, we will be exploring what's happening with all the ladies.....(Onika & Robyn, Normani &Megan, Courtney &Reneé, and then of course, Bey &Ari.)

________
_________________

Onika's P.O.V.

Seeing my ex-wife and her lady friend in another country was insane! And for Robyn and I to share a table with them was even crazier. But, things worked out great! Bey and Robyn turned out to have a lot in common and talked with each other more than they talked to Ariana and I....Type of shit was that?!

But that gave me the opportunity to get to know Ariana. Who I actually enjoyed conversing with. She's young, but has an old soul and lots of wisdom. I texted Beyoncé later and told her she better not play that sweet girl!

Onika: "What are your intentions with Ariana?! 🤨"

Beyoncé: "Not you acting like her mother or something! 🤣"

Onika: "Answer the question, Beyoncé Giselle..."

Beyoncé: "My intention is to date her and only her, Onika. 🙄"

Onika: "Good answer! But do you really mean it? She's a sweet girl, Beyoncé. And I can tell she's really into you. So don't break that girl's heart."

Beyoncé: "Yes, I really mean it, Onika. I'm just getting older I guess. I actually just want to be settled and at peace. More women, more problems!"

Onika: "Well, I do wish you the best. In spite of what happened between us, I want you to be happy. But you won't find happiness until you settle down with just one woman."

Beyoncé: "I know....but, I think it'll be weird to be married to somebody else. Every time you said "babe" tonight at dinner I looked up at you out of habit. Of course you were talking to Robyn, but I'm used to you calling me that."

Onika: "Wow...I never thought about that. I'm sorry if that made you feel awkward. That wasn't my intent."

Beyoncé: "I know, Nika. I'm just going to have to get used to you being somebody else's wife. And maybe someday I'll be ready to get married again."

Onika: "I think someday you will. But just focus on seeing only one woman first. Then work your way up to being a good girlfriend, then a great wife!"

Beyoncé: "I will. Thanks, Nika. See you and Robyn  in New York. Looking forward to another double date with y'all. 😊"

Onika: "You're welcome, Bey. And me too! 😊"

After I was done texting with Beyoncé, I crawled into bed next to my fiancee and laid my head on her chest.

"We ended up having a great time tonight", Robyn said as she played in my hair and rubbed my back.

"Yeah we did. Even though I didn't know how that shit was going to go when I saw my ex-wife!", I exclaimed.

Robyn laughed. "Yeah, but I wasn't threatened or intimidated after you told me who she was. I know you love me....and I love you. I don't feel like we're moving too fast or anything like that. I knew you were the one the moment I laid eyes on you."

"Did you really, babe?", I asked.

"I did, baby.....I've been with a lot of women. But none of them were right for me. There was something different about you. I can't describe it....it's kind of a spiritual thing", Robyn replied.