Chapter 1: Silver Wings

"We've been walking for ages," Wizard Cookie hissed, "and we STILL haven't gotten out of this destruction!"

"I wonder what could have happened here?" Gingerbrave asked.

Pure Vanilla wondered the same. The devastation was on par with what Dark Enchantress would do, perhaps even more.

"It's getting dark..." Strawberry Cookie whimpered.

"We shall sleep then," Pure Vanilla said, "we'll have our energy regained again and we can figure out what to do."

"I am getting a little tired..." Wizard Cookie noted.

"Sounds good to me!" Gingerbrave said, snuggling down by a tree. The other two young cookies laid beside him, their eyes drooping. Pure Vanilla smiled slightly, finding a tree to sleep beside as well.

For extra precaution, he gathered some leaves to cover his friends and himself with, so they'd be warm and camouflaged.

Satisfied, he laid down and closed his eyes. He believed he could get better sleep now that he was in Beast-Yeast, even if he was sleeping on the ground, without the stress of preparing to go.

The darkness around him swallowed him in its gentle embrace, leading him to dreams.

Dreams? Oh, dreams...

Pure Vanilla suddenly felt himself being pushed and pulled around by an icy wind. It was as if long tendrils were pulling him deeper and deeper into an abyss.

No, not any abyss...

"...my soul's abyss of regret..." Pure Vanilla gasped once his footing was regained. A soft glow appeared before him, and he recognized it, but also didn't.

"Pure Vanilla..." it called softly, but somewhat sarcastically.

"Light of Truth?" He called back.

"Pure Vanilla...you've kept me waiting."

"What...? But I've regained my strength, and I've used it for good! Why am I back here?"

"...your strength?" The light of truth sounded disgusted.

A horrible laugh soon followed escaped, it echoing all around Pure Vanilla, as it it were trying to consume him.

"There is nothing about it that is your strength! It's all mine, that was taken! You're just a vessel to keep it until I've returned!...what do you know about truth?"

"You're not the light of truth...! Who are you?"

"Aww. I've spent so much time watching you, and yet you know not of me? How heartbreaking!"

Pure Vanilla fell silent, unable to understand what this...thing...meant.

"Master of deceit and truth! I am-"

"Pure Vanilla Cookie!"

A new voice echoed in the abyss. Pure Vanilla felt himself being pulled from the nightmare, his eyes suddenly being forced open back into the dark forest.

Except, it wasn't quite as dark as he remembered

His eyes widened upon seeing a bright light. Standing up, he found himself lured to it.

"Pure Vani..."

He had to cover his eyes when he saw the source of the light: a small gemstone.

He didn't know why, but he felt as if he had to touch it. As if everything would fall if he didn't.

Stepping closer, he reached out and gently took the stone in his hand.

***

Silverbell raced through the forest, over and under the broken trees of his once beautiful home.