Chapter 2: Truth and Deciet

"White Lily!" The young Pure Vanilla strode to the young White Lily, who sat alone reading a book.

"Oh, Pure Vanilla!" She put her book down, smiling at him. "What is it?"

"There's something I think you'd like to see," he gently took her hand to help her up, "hurry up, hurry up!"

White Lily giggled at Pure Vanilla's excitement as she got dragged across the academy. She always loved when he dragged her around like that, his hands just as warm as his smile.

Soon, they reached a clearing. The young cookies walked to the center, before Pure Vanilla let go of White Lily's hand.

"Ok, what did you want to show me?" She asked.

"Look at your hand."

She peered down, and froze at the dripping jelly on it. She looked forward again, and as if he was never there, Pure Vanilla was...

Gone.

Gone...

Elder Faerie shot up. His eyesight was blurry and his head pounded, so he held his head to try to stead himself.

"Ugh..." He groaned, squeezing his eyes shit.

"Again?" Mercurial Knight asked, his brow furrowed, helping the guardian stay upwards.

"I don't understand what he's trying to tell me," Elder Faerie murdered, "if anything at all."

He glanced down at his hand; plain and clean, no jelly on it. He scowled at it, clenching his fist.

"That beast isn't relenting with these nightmares." He said. "It's almost as if he's trying to make me believe I'm White Lily..."

"But why?" Mercurial Knight glanced at the still body of White Lily. Lugging her around was like lugging a pound of jellies, and keeping her away from Shadow Milk was worse.

"It's feels he wants me to know Pure Vanilla, he who was loved by White Lily..."

"He did say something about Pure Vanilla when he escaped..." the silver knight racked his brain, "'That Pure Vanilla seems to be taking care of what's mine,' or something like that."

Elder Faerie didn't respond. He could only stand himself up and look at the Silver Tree.

"Let us go fourth," he said, "there's no time to waste."

"Yes sir!"

***

"That's the last of them!" Gingerbrave shouted as he kicked the last paper cookie down. Silverbell smiled widely and looked at the other cookies.

"You're all super strong!" He said. "Especially you, Pure Vanilla. You really had our backs!"

"It's truly nothing." Pure Vanilla said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You did though!" Gingerbrave said.

"We couldn't have won without you." Strawberry Cookie said.

"It's statistically correct!" Wizard Cookie said.

The young cookies all gathered around Pure Vanilla, smiles on their tiny faces. The ancient cookie blinked, then smiled, patting Strawberry Cookie's head.

"Come on," Silverbell said, "let's keep going! There's still a long ways to go."

Not even a mile later, they ran into more paper cookies.

***

"...just how much farther is this Faerie Kingdom?!" Wizard Cookie gasped as he climbed over a log.