5.

Viewer Discretion Advised: Explicit content is written regarding rape. Read at your level of consideration.

It was like any other evening in Baldur's Gate. The upper city streets were quiet save for the occasional straddler or drunk stumbling down the cobblestone paths. The nobility quietly tucked in their beds or at lavish parties while the Flaming Fist stood proudly on guard throughout the city. They kept regularly timed patrols to ensure peace, especially within the lower city where most of the mischief came from. You could never predict what type of night it would be with the civilians gambling or getting into brawl fights at the local taverns. Trust that there was always at least one fight the Fist would have to break up come morning. 

Despite the Flaming Fist breaking up silly street fights. They carried a sacred duty; to protect the weak, uphold the law, and impose order. Not necessarily in that order, but all the same with the grand city as their priority. Everyone knew the city wouldn't flourish without it having so many occupants residing within. They constantly stood watch with the need to be on guard to make sure their streets remained safe, especially at night when anything could happen. 

Anyone disturbing the peace would be escorted to Worms Rock, where they waited in a jail cell until their timely release. If it was the common drunk they would be let out the next morning with nothing but a hangover and a slap on the wrist. If there was a situation that was more extreme such as murder and the murderer committed the punishment was more severe. Even more so if the magistrate deemed they acted without some form of integrity or honor. 

Lucky for Astarion and his family that was always avoidable. With the Ascendant being their master it granted them abilities to cover their tracks more easily and make their killings unnoticeable. It was one of the reasons why they managed to do it more often than some vampires.

It was something Astarion was proud of. His spawn never disappointed him. 

That was until Delphine. 

Astarion had told them when they were first turned that if they wanted to murder their way safely in the streets of Baldur's Gate they would be given the chance to do so but under his terms and conditions. It was easy for something to go awry and get caught. So many of their kind had been and was staked or burned over a pyre for it.  

Astarion had told them the rules of the hunt before they ever got to the hunting grounds. He needed them to understand that it was imperative to not be seen by anyone, that secrecy was the key to their survival. To commit such an atrocity on a peasant was mostly preferred for no one would miss them but family if they had one, but killing near or above their station was something else entirely for it drew too many questions and unwanted attention. 

Frivolous drama could be ignored but accusations that carried their own weight with substantial proof was detrimental and could bring down Astarion's empire. It was the was one thing that he would not tolerate. He would not accept failure. 

He told them what the rules were over and over again. Sometimes he would torture them to remind them what they were. If they answered wrong they remained bound and chained. If they answered correct and promptly they would be released and rewarded. 

If they were to be anything like their master they were to follow in his footsteps. One by one they had, with Sinil being the first and one of his very best. She took pride in her alluring abilities and the skill it took to kill. She always made sure she was never seen when she went out to capture her prey, her master not far behind her, always watching in the shadows. He never believed he could surprised, but was often caught off guard when she went out of her way to lure two to their demise at a time. She had done it not once, not twice, but three times since he made her in his image.