Part One: Epilogue

Astoria stands with Bruce and Tony. They, along with the others are all gathered in Central Park. Thor wanted open space to return, just in case. Natasha and Clint talk among themselves as Selvig arrives. He's a little cautious of Loki, which is understandable. Clint is at least better at hiding what's happened to him and does understand the reasoning that Loki would be a better ally than an enemy. Plus Loki's leaving, he's not got much to worry about. Loki and Astoria share a look, both of them keeping their distance. Seems she understands why he pulled himself back from her. He is leaving. Nothing could have come of them investigating whatever they are feeling. He has no idea what awaits him on Asgard, but he knows it will not be tea and cake. He will likely be punished by Odin for what he has done. Astoria slides a pair of sunglasses over her eyes and then looks down at her phone. Loki looks away too, Thor looks at his brother sadly. Astoria would be good for him. It is a shame she is of Earth. Thor shakes his head, then hugs Selvig and pats him on the back before pulling back. Tony opens the Tesseract's case and Bruce takes it out and places it inside a glass device, held by Thor.

"Are you not going to say goodbye?" Thor asks Loki, Loki glances over at Astoria as Tony sets his arm over her shoulders.

"No" Loki answers. "It is better this way" He argues when Thor gives him a look. "Let's go" Loki holds his hand out for the device handle. Thor sighs a little and then hands it over. The energy beam erupts around them and then they are gone. Astoria lets out a breath and shakes her head, turning slightly to watch the others all leave. Bruce climbs in with Tony in his sportscar. Steve rides away on his Harley. Natasha and Clint climb back into a Shield car before Astoria is left on her own.

"Goody...all alone" She comments dryly to herself before she opens a portal and walks through it heading into Purgatory. Alioth shifts in the distance and Astoria swallows slightly as lightning crackles through him. She lets out a breath and then heads towards the house, the bridge forming beneath her feet. At the doors, Bert waits for her. He waves his fingers in greeting and she waves back, moving closer to him. Bert hugs her tightly. They've been friends and room mates for a few years now, he can read her pretty well. Plus Purgatory is the one place she never has to hide.

"Thank God that's over" She whispers, he hums a little but can read into it. She's missed doing the hero thing. She's missed fighting and being part of a team. Who knows what is going to happen next? The world is safe again. Despite the new phone numbers in her cell phone, she has no idea if she'll ever see any of them ever again. She pulls back from Bert and smirks. "Time for tequila" she teases and heads into the living room. Bert shakes his head a little and follows after her. This is going to be a long day.