Chapter Eleven

This book is under editing and is not complete so please do not mind the errors :)
꧁ Thanks ꧂

I licked my suddenly dry lips. "Are─are you going to keep me here?" Was all I could say while suppressing the urge to shudder. Shivers running down my spine due to his fingertips brushing against me, against every curve.

A lazy smile displayed on his lips. "I'm afraid you'll have to clarify."

"Are you going to imprison me or something? Like lock me up in this house?"

The need to pull away grew stronger and yet a faint whisper in my mind told me no, stay there. I wanted to pull away but I couldn't. Wouldn't.

His expression turned neutral. "If you would like."

"What? No. I─"

"Hush, little wolf. I don't want to stress that little head of yours." He grinned, letting go of me and relaxed back into his seat. He crossed his right ankle on his left knee and rested his arms on the armrest of the couch. With a laugh, he dropped his head back.

"I'm not staying here." I managed to say through my gritted teeth.

No, please, take me. Now.

I closed my eyes, counting to five until I opened them. Indecent thoughts continued to plague my mind, arousing me further.

Lucien seemed to have realized what I said didn't match my actions because the huge smirk on his face seemed plastered on for eternity before he said, "You lie."

"Maybe, maybe not." I crossed my arms.

He hummed. "Poor little wolf." He tsked. "Poor, poor little wolf. All alone. Away from her daddy. And in the big bad wolf's den."

I shifted uncomfortably.

"Someone's got daddy issues?" He teased.

I exhaled deeply. The thought of Zade infuriated me. The fire burned in me. The pain of being rejected intertwined with the fire created a much greater rage than I've ever experienced.

"Come here." Lucien murmured, as if he regretted bringing up Zade. The topic about Zade infuriated both of us. At least that was something we had in common.

I complied willingly, slowly walking to him, I sat on his lap before he could tell me so. The smile he gave me said he was pleased.

Of course he would be pleased.

"Listen," his deep voice turned so soft, almost delicate. "Why run away and go back to the human world when you can have all this?" Hs sat up straight, pulling me closer until my breast touched his hard chest.

A tear, I had no control over, slipped. "Because..."

Trust.

The word popped up in my mind. Trust is earned. Did he earn it? No.

Tell him.

The voice echoed through my hollow mind. My indecent thoughts about him disappeared and all I was left with was a shattered heart as everything came pouring through.

My father rejected me as his daughter.

Eighteen years. He hadn't missed my mother. Hadn't came to look for her. Hadn't even bothered about me even though he knew I existed. He lived his life peacefully as the king with his family.

Which I wasn't a part of.

I hadn't noticed that I was weeping until Lucien's hot tongue licked my cheek. I gasped, pulling back. I stared at his animalistic gaze, fire burning within─a deep desire.