Chapter Twelve - Lucien's POV

This book is under editing and is not complete so please do not mind the errors :)
꧁ Thanks ꧂

"Letting her go that easily?" Vladimir─my beta─asked from behind me while I watched my little wolf leave, running off into the forest. Obviously I sent two of my pack guards to secretly spy on her to make sure she reaches her destination safely.

"It seemed like the right thing to do." I murmured, hoping he didn't hear me when I knew very well that he did.

He laughed. "Since when do you do the right things?"

If he was a normal member of my pack I would have killed him in a second for mocking me but he wasn't just a normal member of my pack. Despite his title, he was like a brother to me. The only person who grew up and experienced the brutal torture with me.

I grinned at him. "I'm full of surprises."

"Indeed."

I laughed and turned to look at the forest in front of the pack house, trying to find a hint of white fur but found none. She was out of my sight.

I felt lonely standing on my porch even though I had Vladimir here. I felt naked, vulnerable, like I needed her to shield me. To complete me in a way nothing and no one else can.

I shoved away the slight sting in my chest.

"She's Zade's daughter."

Vladimir stilled. "So I've heard."

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What are you going to do?" He asked, as I walked back into the pack house and into the living room to pour myself another glass of whiskey, hoping that it would conquer the hollowness in my chest.

"I'm going to get her in my bed. Get her to trust me. I'll extract information out of her in a way she won't realize what I'm doing. And then..." I grinned. "I'm going to pay Zade a visit and kill him once I've fully earned Kira's trust."

"Kira." He hummed. "Won't she be devastated? She would never forgive you."

"I know."

"And you're okay with that?"

I huffed. "I don't need a mate. I need revenge. After I'm done with Zade, I'm going to make him pay. He did this. He caused our suffering. And Zade did nothing to prevent it." I hadn't realized that my grip on my glass had increased until it shattered in my hand. The glass pieces dug into my palm and slit fingers, causing blood to pour out.

Sarah came quickly and cleaned up the mess. By then, the wound on my hand had healed.

Once Sarah left, I continued my conversation with Vladimir.

"Zade isn't the only one on my list." I stated.

"I know, Lucien. I know."

Vladimir poured another glass of whiskey for me and for himself. I gulped it in one go. "Where is he?" I didn't need to mention his name because Vlad already knew who I was talking about. Mentioning his name made me sick, anyway.

"He's around, trying to claim lands again. He knows you're after him. He knows what you're capable of. That is why he flees so often."

"Good." I said. "Let him be scared."

The silence stretched for a few minutes. Vlad opened his mouth to say something but shut it. He opened it again and shut it again. He opened it for the third time and I knew what he was going to say.

"Don't." I raised my hand. "Just don't."

If I heard Kira's name leave his mouth one more time I probably would have his tongue cut out and shoved down his throat. Or maybe something temporary and less brutal that would eventually heal. But then again, I'm cruel, just not to him.

"Lucien,"

"Vladimir," I parroted after him.

"Lucien," he said again. "How sure are you that Kira won't retaliate?"

I frowned. "Meaning?"

"Meaning." He dragged the word. "Meaning that she'd be heart broken, and would probably continue everything Zade has done."

I laughed, remembering the conversation I had with her earlier. The topic about her father made her uncomfortable, angry and sad. She said she ran away. Which meant...

"She and Zade don't get along." I told him. "It's perfect."

Vlad chuckled. "Can't say I'm surprised. Esra really wrecked him."

I sighed. "Young love. They would never last. Esra is too much of a rebel. She endured too much torture. Fear drove her apart and now she lives with humans." I scrunched my nose. Another thing I hated more than mixed breeds were humans.

"And Kira?"

I smirked, every memory of Kira flashed through my mind. "Oh, she has some fire alright. But she's nothing like Esra or Zade. She's unique. She's perfect."

Her personality, her looks, her everything was so perfect. She seemed so flawless until she sat on my lap and cried. Behind that pretty face was a shattered soul. Like mine.

Something in my chest stung when I held her while she cried. It stung like a bitch but I got over it. I couldn't stand seeing her cry because of someone else.

I meant every word I said even though I didn't intend to. Those words just slipped and I felt a bit of pride knowing I helped her realize something. Something that had her regain her confidence and leave with her head high.

My little wolf. My beautiful weapon.

After a while she stopped hesitating. She spoke freely and truely─the first step in gaining her trust.

"And what if she doesn't come back?"

Then I'd be damned.

But she knew better. I knew she knew better than to just leave and never return.

Because I would hunt her down until I've found her again. She's young and vulnerable. She wouldn't last too long without me. I've seen the way her body reacts to mine. The way she melts in my arms. The way she's easily aroused by my words and caresses.

My little wolf.

"She will, Vlad. She will be back."