Mysterious Mysteries Marathon

Dib carried the bags full of snacks back to his house. His heart was pounding. He was SUCH an idiot! He made a fool of himself at the store. He dreaded Monday when classes would start back up again. High school was hell especially when you're a nerd. Dib was surprised out of his thoughts by loud banging on his front door. He really wasn't in the mood to deal with Zim right now. He sighed and opened the door. The tiny irked was carrying a huge pasta pan filled with noodles, spices, sauce and garlic knots. He use his pak to raise himself to the level of the counter and out the pan up there. Dib laughed and Zim looked at him. "You're so short! Have you grown at all since we were kids?"
Zim's cheeks glowed teal. "I'll have Dib KNOW that I have grown 4 centimeters since our FIRST meeting!"
Dib laughed again, holding his stomach. "That's it?! Dang!"
Zim glared at him. "Must Zim REMIND Dib that he has lived CENTURIES?"
"So you're old and tiny, that's nothing to brag about." He smirked at his the tiny irken.
Zim stuck his tongue out at Dib and hissed at him before turning his attention to the food. He filled the pan with water which he boiled and broke pasta noodles into. Dib watched him as he cooked. It was so strange to see Zim quiet and calm. He was usually so loud and energetic. He held a paper in front of his face which must have been written in irken aside from key words like SPAGHETTI, GARLIC, CINNAMON, and TOMATO SAUCE. He was mumbling what was said on it under his breath. Dib looked at Zim's pak trying to imagine what it would be like to understand every alien language there was. He watched how Zim's spine slightly moved as he stirred the pasta and the noodles. It was time to strain the noodles and Dib heard Zim take a deep breath and bite his lip. Dib titled his head. "What's up, Zim?" Zim looked at Dib and smiled despite the sweat dotting his forehead. "Just BRACING myself."
"Bracing yourself?"
"The LAST time Zim made PASTA, Zim burnt HIMSELF."
Right. Dib cursed himself. How could he forget that water was like acid to irkens? That considered, why did he offer to make pasta? "Through the gloves?" Was what Dib said back.
Zim nodded, gingerly pulling back one of his gloves, revealing a very red burn mark the covered most of his hand. Dib winced and ignored the fact that his cheeks felt hot. He had never seen Zim's hands without gloves before and figured they used to be totally green like his face. Now of course, it was mostly red and pink. "Those look pretty recent."
"From YESTERDAY!" Zim answered. "Do you have a straining thingy?"
"A colander? Yeah." Dib paused, walking toward Zim. "Hey, why don't you let me? Just to be safe." They made eye contact and held it for a solid minute.
"Fine! But the ZIM will take over afterwards!"
"Yeah, yeah, I get it." Dib answered, hipping Zim out of his way. Then he mumbled. "You were insane to even try to willingly pour acid on your hands..." He paused. "You really should use burn cream on that."
"Burn cream...? WHAT is THAT?"
Dib shook his head as he strained the pasta. "It's medicine to help the burns go away. I think I have some upstairs I can give you."
"Really?"
"Yeah. We have tons of first aid kits around here."
"APPRECIATION!"
Dib chuckled, "sure." He dried the damp colander with paper towels before handing it back to Zim. Dib continued to watch Zim's focused face while he cooked. He was nearly overwhelmed with the urge to touch it for some reason.
The smell of garlic filled the air as the garlic knots baked in the oven. Dib was surprised that Zim hadn't burned the kitchen down yet. Before Dib knew it, the food was done.
"It is FINISHED!" Zim declared while using chicken head pot holders to pull the garlic knots out of the oven. Dib didn't want to admit it but he was impressed. Zim made a plate for each of them and sprinkled shredded cheese on the top.
"Thanks, it looks good actually." Dib admitted.
"HUZZAH!" Zim smiled like the sun. Dib's ears got hot and he turned away. He grabbed them both a soda from the fridge and sat down in the living room. He turned the TV on.
"Hurry up, Zim! It's starting!"
"Coming!" Zim called back before plopping down on the couch next to Dib. The marathon started and the two watched the screen intently. Then they got to an episode about aliens. Zim looked visibly offended. "I have never seen a being that looks like that and IRKENS have conquered many worlds!" Zim crossed his arms. "This is fake."
Dib scoffed. "Irkens don't know everything! Are you doubting the paranormal prowess of Mysterious Mysteries?" He gritted his teeth. "How dare you!"
Zim sighed. "Zim enjoys this show as much as DIB-STINK but as a non-earthling who has VISITED many different PLANETS, Zim has DOUBTS."
Dib crossed his arms and pouted. "Whatever Zim. Just shut up and watch the show." The two of them sat in silence for the entirety of that episode. Zim took their empty plates to the kitchen and turned the sink on to rinse them. Dib's eyes grew wide and he ran to the kitchen. "No you don't! Hands up, Zim!"
Zim turned to face Dib and blinked slowly. "Zim CANNOT! Zim is holding CERAMIC plates!"
Dib turned his head to the side. "Fair point." Dib took the plates from Zim and rinsed them in the sink.
"Why do you keep trying to burn yourself? Geez." Dib shook his head.
"I thought DIB was angry with ZIM."
"I am but I'm not gonna let you burn yourself." Zim's cheeks burned teal.
".... But you've burned me on purpose before." It was Dib's turn to flush red.
"Th-That's different..." Did Zim leave the oven on? It was hot in there. Dib checked and the oven was off. He could hear his heart pounding in his ears.
Zim tilted his head. "How's that?"
Dib covered his face and said nothing.