Runners

⅛

It's almost dinner time by now, and im still seating whit Chuck. Tim and Jack joined us a while ago. We were discussing about that goddamed  stew, when i look at the big opening in the walls. There's people coming out of it. Didn't Newt say we where prohibited of going in there?

"Hey Chucky? Why the hell are there people coming out off the maze"-Chuck looks at me like i ad just asked the stupidest question he ever heard.

"Those are the Runners Katy...They run around the Maze and try to finda way out."-  he shrugs

"And how can i became one of those..."

"You can't"- someone cuts me off, and when i look behind me, it's one of the boys that were coming out of the Maze.

"Last time i checked, i wasn't talking to your bloody ass, so how bout you mind your business?"-  i awnser immediately. How in the fuck did he get here so fast? This was Minho, i think.

"Whoa, we get  an wild one here uh."- he smirks, and  i  hate it. If i could, i would punch it out of his smug face. But he looks like he would fight back. Harder.

"Mhm...and why exactly can't i be a runner?"-  i glare at him

"Cause...well, you can't. Deal whit it."- he simply shrugs and walks away towards Frypan.

"Don't worry much, he's an idiot."- another boy seats down along whit us-"Im Ben..and that shank was Minho."

"Your a runner to?"- i glare at him. He's tall, blonde and looks like he's seen shit.

"Yeah...and a pretty good one."- He smiles, and i get the feeling that we will be friends.

"Nice to meet ya Benny"- i take  it as my job to get nicknames to everybody i know. 

"Nice to meet you...uh, what's your name?"

"Katerine"

"Nice to meet you Kat"- Kat...that's new...i like it.

"I smell couple."- Jack chuckles, and Ben blushes a little.

"And i smell someone falling from their hammock tonight"- i glare at him. Im so gonna do that.

"Yeah yeah, good luck whit that Katy."

The boys kept chatting, but i was busy thinking about the fact that even whit the Grievers, these kids would go out in the Maze. What a bunch of a-holes. But i kinda wanna join them if im being honest. Find a way out of this place. To a new life. Or to whatever is outside of this walls. I wonder how they all got here. Minho is talking whit Frypan. Not talking actually, he seems to be insulting him for no reason at all.

"Know what guys? Ill be right back."- i quiclky get up, walking towards Minho.

"Hey dipshit, why can't i be a runner?"- i wanna know. i need to know. As soon as Minho turns to me, Fry walks away.

"You again?"- he sighs in annoyance -"Cause your weak ass would get caught by Grievers as soon as you set foot on the Maze. Not to talk about the fact that your a girl. Your weak."

Nop. That's the fucking final straw. I stare at him for a few seconds, before pushing whit as many strenght as i can put into it. He falls back whit a little scream, and i regret it the same second. I start to get away slowly, but he grabs me and throws me on the floor.

"What the fuck?!"- he's about to hit me, when someone pulls him back. Chuck. And he is terrified.

"Minho, don't kill her. Please."- he looks at Minho then at me. I don't think he'd kill me.