Ch. 1

No ones P.O.V

???: Legends stories scattered through time. has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past. Perhaps one that should stay buried.

Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness creatures of destruction the creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations.

In, an attempt to quell the violence between the two, the gods created The Arkin gods in, their own right representing the three states of the world creation, destruction, and harmony. The Arkin of creation would create a multitude of resources and new species making each race thrive in their own way. Watching over. Them like a shepherd. The Arkin of destruction would await the end of each creation absorbing their essence into himself and managing to tame the grim. Whereas the Arkin of harmony kept balance between the two. He spent most of his time among the races dazzling them with wonderous gifts and visions.

But one day without warning the races turned against the Arkin enraging them greatly resulting in a decade long war. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named Dust decimating the Grimm and weakening the Arkin enough for mankind to imprison them and strip them of their power.

Or so the story goes.

For the Arkin represented more than just states of existence they represented ideas, and ideas are hard to defeat.

Years later

??? P.O.V

5 days before initiation

I swear these chains get tighter every decade. Judging from the ruckus above I imagine Ozzie's annual indoctrination will be happening in a few days.

The poor souls

They have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

I hear the elevator open and the man himself steps out. He's been doing this a lot lately ever since Salem's war began. He acts like I'm his therapist or something.

Ozpin: I found a new candidate for the academy.

I fail to see how this led him to visit me but it's not like I can object having a muzzle on, and I suspect he knows this.

Ozpin: she has silver eyes-

This manages to pique my interest as I turn my head upward to face him it's been a while since I've heard of anyone having silver eyes...by human years anyway.

Ozpin: having her on our side should be able to turn this war in our favour.

He sighs.

Ozpin: and maybe...you won't have to be down here much longer.

He turns to leave going back up the elevator.

I start drooling through the muzzle, I can't help myself. The thought of a girl with silver eyes. So very rare, so very powerful the thoughts making me...

QUITE HUNGRY

And I haven't eaten in thousands of years. Should I meet his girl I wonder how she'd taste.