Talk of The School

Now, here comes the parade.

First up, the fabled Emma Stanlit. She took a seat with her and plopped down on it, on the other side of Y/N. Coincidentally blocking that pathway, Y/N noticed. Whether that was intentional or not is up to speculation.

"Ah. Emma Stanlit. To what do I owe the pleasure?" She involuntarily blushed a little it, but she took it in stride. "Can't a lady initiate small talk?"

Y/N smirked. "But of course." Emma moved on. "I see you showed off your music."

"Did you enjoy it?" She nodded. "Yep."

"Okay then. That seems to be the general consensus of the class." She nodded again. "They're good songs. I don't know why you think so lowly of them." She briefly vanished, then reappeared with two apples.

Teleportation. Y/N blinked before registering that she was offering an apple to him. "I figured since you didn't have anything to eat this morning, you must be hungry. Unless you don't want the apple."

Y/N blinked. "I am." He took the apple and bit into it...before spitting it back out. It made a perfect arc into the trash can. "Ew. What the hell was in that?"

Emma snickered. "The apples here suck. And I wanted to test how gullible you are."

Y/N glared at her, which made her grin vanish instantly. He hissed softly. "What did you call me?"

Emma gulped.

Y/N blinked. Then he looked away. "Sorry about that. It happens whenever someone insults me or implies an insult."

"Apology accepted. So, friends?" She held out a hand. Y/N looked at it warily.

"I haven't made friends in a long time...what's stopping me from fucking it up?" 

Emma gave another grin. "Absolutely nothing. I figured you seem the type that gets along with troublemakers, so.." 

Y/N thought about it for a bit, then shook her hand.

"Friends."

---------------------------------

Joshua Annker walked over and took the now-vacant chair left behind by Emma. He held out a hand.

"Remember me?"

"All too well." Y/N took it briefly, then went on. "Alright, what did you want to talk about?"

Joshua responded right away. "Your life before you arrived here. What was it like, straddling the line between hero and villain?" He spoke in a melodramatic way. He would've made a good narrator. 

Y/N deliberated his answer before responding. Huh. That wasn't the question he'd been expecting from someone like Joshua. "Well, it was pretty nomadic. I couldn't stay in one place for too long, or else the feds would've caught up with me." Joshua nodded. "It would take between a week to a month to plan an operation, then another week to follow through with said operation."

"I assume you saw my exploits?" Joshua nodded again, not wanting to interrupt the feared vigilante's regale. "Thought so."

"No survivors, no prisoners. Everybody who was a target, killed. Anybody who got in the way, killed." Joshua gulped.

Y/N glanced around. The other occupants of the room were trying to seem as if they weren't listening in, but it was painfully obvious that they were. Y/N smirked. Might as well give them a scare.

"Heard of my first kill as Deathcaller? Yes? It was the one that sent the city into hysteria. Who is this guy, what does he want, why is he doing this? yadayadaya. It was also the most brutal."