9: Wheels or Doors?

Friday 28th June "Oh god I hate people sometimes

Friday 28th June
"Oh god I hate people sometimes."

I threw myself down onto the couch in the staff break room with the biggest groan I think I'd ever let out. My limbs were sore. My feet were aching. And I didn't think I'd ever been so hot in my life and this fucking professional work uniform wasn't helping.

The only other person in the room ,my colleague Inaya, laughed at my tiredness whilst harbouring a nice glass of orange juice in her hands. The cubes of ice in it were literally taunting me. Maybe I was just hallucinating because of the heat but I could swear they were smirking at me as well. Fucking assholes.

"What happened this time? Another historian trying to break into the cases?"

"Don't remind me of that Inaya. It'll only worsen my mood."

Throwing my head back, I used my hand to waft my face which I was certain was about as red as the fucking couch I was sitting on. Damn where was this AC that I was promised when I started working here a 2 years ago? It didn't even matter anyway. No amount of AC would fucking cool me down; not when I was wearing a complete fucking black outfit with my hair down and no hair tie in sight to put it up. Why hadn't I brought one today? Stupidest mistake ever.

Between laughs, Inaya took another sip of her drink and I hauled myself up to get my own. I needed something to cool me down. "Worse then?"

I nodded as I passed her on my venture to the fridge. "Fucking know-it-alls."

She let out an 'oh' of understanding as I reached in and grabbed the same orange juice she was drinking. We took turns in buying beverages and food for the fridge to share since we both shared working Friday's. When I closed the fridge, she'd placed a cup down next to me and I poured my drink as she just stood there drinking hers.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate those types of people? 'Cuz I hate them so fucking much."

Crouching down to open the freezer, I used the scooper to grab a generous amount of ice and when I heard it clang against the side of my drink, my mouth literally went dry and my first gulp felt like I was being brought back to life. I could literally moan at the coldness as it travelled down my throat.

"Yeah I think you've said a couple times. I'm not sure though." I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm and pulled the drink down and away from my mouth.

"It's true though. Like why come to a fucking museum if you're just going to try correct me on everything I say. If you're going to correct me, at least be right as well. I wouldn't even be mad about it if they were right. But everything this man tried mansplaining to me was wrong." Inaya chuckled, taking another sip of her drink as she watched me get worked up. "It's not even funny. It's so fucking annoying." I turned my body entirely to her. "And get this. Even after I tried to explain to him what was true, he continued to be adamant that he was right. Like take the fucking hint. You are wrong my man. Wrong! Oh my god."