Labor Pains

Unknown male: Someone call the EMS, and they both passed out.

Unknown female: The police are on the way, I gave them the license plate number of the driver. Are they conscious?

Unknown Male: The adult female looks pregnant. The child isn't moving at all. We need the EMS now.

Two minutes later police and ems and fire arrive to the scene. They pull both Crystal and Amira from the wrecked blacked out infinity truck. Crystal is going in and out of consciousness while Amira is fully unconscious.

EMS moves quickly to pull Crystal out the vehicle seeing her pregnant stomach is being crush by the steering wheel. Rescue is having a harder time getting to Amira as her tiny frame is wedged half way under the passenger sit. Her face is bleeding from hitting the side window on impact. If they move her the wrong way the safety belt will cut off her air way.

The police is speaking with eye witnesses who all state Crystal was hit by a speeding driver coming off the freeway. The ram truck pushed Crystal into the median and then sped off.

Crystal regained consciousness soon as they put her on the stretcher. She felt nothing but pain, she didn't know where she was or what happened until she saw the car. She started screaming and fighting asking where her child was. The EMS worker tried to calm her down telling her emergency workers are trying to get her out the car but they can't wait. They have to get Crystal to the ER now or it could cause her to lose the baby.

Crystal is refusing treatment, she won't let them touch her. She isn't going anywhere until she can see Mimi is alert. Time is moving so fast yet standing still. Crystal is losing consciousness again, when she comes to the second time she sees Amira is out the truck on the ground, covered in blood.

Crystal notices Amira isn't moving at all, she starts screaming looking at her child's limp body. She starts screaming and fighting trying to get to Amira.

Amira starts to respond when she hears her mom yelling and crying for her.

The ems worker tells Crystal if he doesn't get her to the hospital right now that her baby will die. Crystal is forced to choose between her two children. If she waits any longer she could lose both.

Flash back to this morning. Devale and Mimi made Crystal breakfast in bed. They lounge around for a bit before the girls left for a quick Target run. Devale planned a road trip from Atlanta to Houston, they would be leaving in a few hours to start the 12.5 hour drive. Crystal is 8.5 months pregnant, she isn't allowed to fly.

She hasn't had any complications her entire pregnancy, her birthday is tomorrow. She wanted to go to Texas because she loved their beaches and food. Also her favorite seamstress was located there, she wanted to meet her in person. She planned to hire her to make her and Amiras dress.

After breakfast Crystal wobbled to the shower at a snails paced. She was all belly and it was huge.

After she stood under the relaxing hot water for ten minutes doing her affirmations she called Devale in to come wash her up and lotion her down.

Crystal: Baby I need to run to target before we leave. I'm out of shower scrub and my conditioner.

Devale: We can stop before we hit the road.

Crystal: Babe I want to go now while it's still early. I don't want to be in all that traffic.

Devale: Woman we're going to be on traffic for 12 hours.

Crystal: That's my point, why sit in unnecessary traffic?

Devale: Ok, we can go after Amira finish eating.