004. ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴀᴋᴇᴏᴠᴇʀ, ɴᴇᴡ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍꜱ

·:*¨༺ ♱💄♱ ༻¨*:

"Well if it isn't the snitch

"Well if it isn't the snitch."

·:*¨༺ ♱💄♱ ༻¨*:

JAYLA BROOKS WAS THE OPPOSITE OF HER OLDER BROTHER.

While Jimmy was a popular athlete, Jayla was an unseen bookworm. He valued people's opinions and loved to socialize. Jayla did too, with a smaller group that she could trust, but the girl didn't want everyone to know who she was. And she honestly couldn't care.

Their family situation wasn't the best. Although they had an expensive roof over their heads and had the ability to buy anything they wanted, their parents were never home.

Manny and Emma couldn't really grasp that which made Jayla feel even more alone. So when Aurora showed up and the two had gotten close, Jayla learned that Aurora and her were very similar in the parent department.

Auroras dad, Heath, made his best effort to be there for his kids and he was for the most part. But him and Carolyn spent most of their time away from each other and at work.

Basketball was Jimmys life which meant that most of his time was spent in the gym. For Aurora, her outlet was the library.

After looking through each section, Jayla had finally decided on a book and took a seat in the corner away from the others.

"Pride and Prejudice, huh?" An appealing voice caused her to look up from the book.

Joining her at the table was Nicholas Sinclair, her new best friends brother that she has never talked to. So why was he speaking to her now?

"You sure you can handle that?"

"I'm 14, not 5." Jayla simply clarified. "And this is my second time reading it."