one

───────── NOT PROOFREAD

ONE ... wake

    TREPID was in a car, simple

TREPID was in a car, simple. They were in a car, now the question was why? Their mom was seated right infront of them, she mumbled curses in Spanish occasionally looking behind towards trepid who played the sounds of the smiths in their headphone's.

They wondered where they were going, their anxiety was at a mild state right now, it didn't boil or flow over. It was calm, overthinking was just a small part of it, their hands fidgeted with the small calico critter dressed in a suit with a cute pink bow on the ear. It was a rabbit, they liked the soft feeling it gave off.

Trepid glanced over out the window, the snow had began to melt and now spring was coming. The chill in the air was still there with the occasional sunny wind, but Trepid wasn't focused on the weather. Their mismatched eyes caught sight of something different, a wolf. It was beautiful, chocolate red fur, a stern and courageous look in their eyes. But its eyes trained not on the car but on Trepid, as if it knew something they didn't.

They stared right back, their mother looked back once and the moment she did their eyes met. Then suddenly Trepid saw black. And that was the last memory they could think of. When they woke up they came face to face with a boy, tanned, olive skin and disheveled black hair, he had a bit of eye bags under his eyes and he looked like he worked out, mildly.

Trepid prayed to every god they could think of to wake them up. They needed this to be a dream, it had to be a dream. From their anxiety being mild to it skyrocketing in two seconds had to be unhealthy. They let out a silent shrieks that mostly got stuck in their throat, so it came out like a cat with a hairball in its throat.

They shot away so fast they hit their head on a nearby wood plank which in turn, caused the other boy to wake up. He looked around in a daze, a bit of drool on the side of his mouth which would have made Trepid laugh if they weren't having a panic attack.