Two

───────── NOT PROOFREAD

TWO ... Rome

        MINNOW shrieked at the sight of the gorgons, they gripped their sleeves in their shaky hands behind Percy who scowled at the sight of the creatures

MINNOW shrieked at the sight of the gorgons, they gripped their sleeves in their shaky hands behind Percy who scowled at the sight of the creatures. It had been three days, three long and grueling days. They had killed themthey being Percy mostlybut the gorgons should have been dead.

Minnowdubbed by Percy—no matter how much they killed the gorgons the kept re-forming back like large evil dust bunnies.

They both reached the top of the hill as Minnow gasped for air, they rubbed the bunny in their pocket for comfort. How long since they'd last killed them? Maybe two hours. They never seemed to stay dead longer than that.

The past few days, Percy hardly slept. They felt bad because he would always encourage them to sleep and they would always follow through. The stress and anxiety always tired them out enough to just pass out. Once he even carried them while they were asleep, they needed to work on bing a lighter sleeper.

The two of them had eaten whatever they could get their hands on-vending machine gummi bears, stale bagels, even a Jack in the Crack burrito, which was a new personal low for them, Percy scowled the entire meal through. Minnow's clothes were torn, burned, and splattered with monster slime and some of their own blood from a bloody nose injury. They had to drink water on an occasion because the gaping hole in their face would dry their mouth. It sucked.

They'd only survived this long because the two snake-haired-ladies-gorgons, they called themselves-couldn't seem to kill the two of them either. Their claws Almostcut their skin and they prayed it didn't cut Percy's either. Percy always managed to break teeth broke whenever they tried to bite him—or Trepid. But Percy looked like he couldn't keep going much longer.

Soon they would both collapse from exhaustion, and then—as hard as Percy was to kill, they was pretty sure the gorgons would find a way. Now, Minnow on the other hand...well if it wasn't for Percy they would definitely be dead.