Round 5: Side Quest

As the day of Luna's highly anticipated birthday party dawned, Raven couldn't contain his excitement, In the midst of his preparations, Raven recalled some advice he had stumbled upon while browsing the web the previous night. One tip in particular caught his attention: "Always wear a smile; it's your best accessory at any party." Though initially skeptical, Raven decided to give it a try. With determination, he practiced smiling in front of the mirror, perfecting the art of looking effortlessly cheerful.. 

As Raven stood in front of the mirror, practicing his winning smile, he suddenly froze as he caught a glimpse of movement behind him

As Raven stood in front of the mirror, practicing his winning smile, he suddenly froze as he caught a glimpse of movement behind him. To his horror, he realized that his older sister had been watching him the entire time, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

"Are you practicing to be the next toothpaste model, Raven?" she teased, unable to contain her laughter. His sister's laughter filled the room, echoing off the walls as she playfully mocked his newfound dedication to perfecting his smile. Despite the embarrassment, Raven couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of the situation. After all, what's a birthday party without a few laughs along the way.

Next day, with meticulous care, he selected his outfit, ensuring that every detail was just right for the occasion. Joined by his friends Mark and Carlos, Raven set out for Luna's house, the air crackling with anticipation. As they approached the front door, the sounds of laughter and music spilled out into the street, signaling the start of what promised to be an unforgettable celebration.

 As they approached the front door, the sounds of laughter and music spilled out into the street, signaling the start of what promised to be an unforgettable celebration

Stepping into Luna's house, Raven was greeted by a whirlwind of activity—decorations adorned every surface, and the scent of freshly baked treats filled the air. Luna's friends and family mingled effortlessly, their laughter and chatter creating a joyful backdrop to the festivities. Raven's gaze fell upon Luna, and for a moment, the world seemed to stand still. In his eyes, she was simply stunning, her radiant smile lighting up the room. Summoning his courage, Raven made his way over to Luna, a nervous yet eager smile gracing his lips. "Happy birthday, Luna," he said softly, presenting her with the carefully wrapped gift he had chosen.

Eager to immerse himself in the excitement, Raven wasted no time in joining the festivities. He laughed and joked with Luna's friends, his infectious energy drawing smiles from all who crossed his path. But amidst the revelry, a rift began to form between Raven and Carlos.