The beggining of love

Smriti's POV

It was like the clouds of failure has surrounded us making it impossible to see the ray of hope

It was like the clouds of failure has surrounded us making it impossible to see the ray of hope. Back to back four loses that was not something we were prepared for. We lost against Mumbai Indians by 9 wickets, then the next onwards was against Gujrat Giants and we were 11 runs short and by 10 wickets to UP Warriors. The main thing was that we did not put enough fight all were one sided matches. We could not deliver what we were supposed to on field and this has made the enthusiasm & moral of team really below the par. I have to do something to make them feel recharged . Our next match is against Delhi Capitals which is on top of points table so it is going to be really tough fight.

Currently we are practising in the morning for the upcoming match. Perry was in the nets practicing batting while Sophie was balling her. It was a sight to hold watching her mesmerising shots , no doubt she is the best her determination and skills are just next level. I admire her alot because of it ( yea yea sure and not for her awesome personality and looks huh, just admit it thar u are attracted to her) mocked my subconscious mind.
Shut up u dont know anything i said in my mind
( look im part of u so i know u better than anyone else u stupid bugsy)
Nope its nothing like that shes just my teammate.
( are you convincing me our yourself)
"UGH JUST SHUT UP YRR"I said aloud gaining everyone's attention. Its so embarrassing but wait thank god i have EarPods plugged in.

"Um sorry guys for the outburst. Was just conversing with someone."
They all continued their training again but Perry looked at me with a look that says she knows I was not talking to anyone and then she smirked. Gosh her smirk is really sexy.

After training everyone was in dressing room and we were discussing about the strategies of the next match. I just looked at everyone and saw that they were not showing the kind of energy that shows they were confident. I thought it was the time to just push them forward.

"so what are you afraid of lossing when you have nothing to be proud, girls?"
They were not expecting this as i looked at their shocked faces & i then continued
"Failure is good as long as it doesn't become a habit.... U guys are just thinking about the loss but think from another perspective we have nothing to lose. We have 4 games left its up to us how we play those even if we lose, ask yourself did I give my hundred percent if everyone's answer is yes then thats what matters. These remaining games are going to decide could we finish this tournament with head held high or not. So go on the field with one thing in mind that is to enjoy playing more than winning."

Next day in training everyone was more pumped up than usual and were practicing really hard. It looks like the little push was effective and now in the evening we are facing DC.
DC won toss and decided to bowl first and i could not give a great start to the team and then thanks to contribution of Perry and Richa we were able to reach 150/4. Then we took 2 early wickets but at the end with little partnerships DC chased it by scoring 154/4 in 19.4 overs.

That was a really thrilling game. I am really proud of my team for giving such a tough fight. It will provide them the confidence for the upcoming games.

I saw Perry witnessing the post match presentation & I went near her and said
"Really good game Perry as they say THE COMEBACK IS ALWAYS STRONGER THAN THE SETBACK and you literally proved it & very happy for you." I forward my for handshake but instead she hugs me i froze in my place for a moment not knowing what to do and then i actually hugged her back and my god its like i am on cloud nine. She feel so good and its like i just want to hold her like this for lifetime. Oh Smriti snap out of it u know u don't deserve her.

" Thanks Mandyy it means a lot coming from you" she said smiling "Yea

"Yea.. wait a second what did u call me? dont ever call me by that stupid name ok"i questioned
"Why would i listen to you and yea i will call you Mandy only so bear with it mate."
I just went from there knowing she will not listen. But i cant get over the hug man why am i feeling so attracted to her, why is she affecting me so much. God please dont make me fall for her. She deserves to be treasured and i am way out of her league too but its not like i have any sort of other option(chuckled sarcastically).

What is Smritis past that made her hate herself to such extent that she thinks she doesn't deserve anything in the world and she is so blinded to know that Perry is already so much into her. Will Perry be able to break her Mandy's walls that she has built or she fails to do so. Stay tuned