Chapter 28

Papa Gunther woke up at six thirty in the morning to pee. Jess followed as always.

"Jess, I can pee on my own." Said Gunther.

Jess tilted her head and continued to follow. Gunther rolled his eyes. He didn't even care anymore.

"Jess. Could you atleast turn around for me?"

Jess turned and faces the door. She was kinda obediant. Gunther laughed.

"So what do you think about Ashlynn and John?"

Jess smacked her tail to the ground.

"Yeah, she just got a sister didn't she? Yeah because Oliver is her dad."

Jess wiggled her ears.

"Now I haven't heard a lot about Jaylene. I'm glad she's alright."

Jess smacked her tail against the wall.

"Wanna go on a walk this morning, Jess?" Gunther asked washing his hands.

Jess turned around and licked him. So Gunther went to his room and pulled on his boots, grabbed his coat and pistole and walked Jess down to the pond.

Jess went for a swim for a minuet. Gunther watched her as she did laps. This dog had to much energy.

She swam tward the edge. The water didn't look as still as it did. Something else was down there. Gunther pulled out his gun and waited.

The wind rustled threw the trees. His dog paddled softly in the water. Yet at the same it was disterbingly peaceful.

A zombie surfaced not to far from Jess. Gunther aimed and pulled the trigger wothout hesitation. Jess was alright. Just alittle spooked.

"Jess. Come on. Let's get out of here before we get ambushed by another on of them bastards." Said Gunther.

Him and Jess troted along down the path. What time was it? Gunther looked down at his watch. Seven o'clock. Good morning walk.

On the front door there was a hole Gunther hadn't noticed earlier. He'd need to fix that up.

"Morning, Papa." Said Lucy.

"Good morning, Lucy. How are you?"

"Good. I got up when I heard you leave. You take long walks."

"Jess likes to swim."

"So what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard the gun, Papa. I'm not stupid."

"Oh I know that. There was a zombie in the lake. He was swimming I think. I didn't know zombies could do that."

"They're advancing. I saw two kinda talking. Like they have a way of comunication now. Ain't that scary?"

"Yeah. When did you see this?"

"When we first got here."

Papa Gunther nodded. As if considering how to stop evolution. He could if he really wanted to. He was that stubborn.

Jaylene knocked on the door. No need. She was coming in anyway.

"Hey. Just thought I'd have breakfast with you." Said Jaylene sitting down.

"How'd you know we where up?" Asked Gunther.

"Papa Gunther, I was in the Navy and was in battle many times. I know what a gun shot sounds like. Even at six forty in the morning."

"Did I wake you up?"

"No. Owen did. That little bitch."

"Why'd he wake you up?" Asked Lucy.

"Because I was stupid enough to say sure. Now he wakes me up in the morning before everyone else so he can say good morning to me first."

"Is that all?"

"That and how he wants to do it again."

"Do what?"

"Nothing, sweetheart. Doesn't matter."

Gunther nodded. He had a strange habbit of doing that after everyone stopped talking. It was like he was teying to figure out how to keep the conversation alive.

Jess looked at each of them and barked. She rarely barked. What was the matter with her?

"What, Jess?" Gunther asked.

Jess ran to the glass back door and barked again. What the hell? The chilens where fine. Gunther looked at the sky. Oh.

"She's barking at the storm coming in."

"I love storms!" Exclaimed Lucy.

"It'll be nice to have some rain." Said Jaylene.

"Yeah it would." Agreed Gunther.

"What do you think the zombies will do to rain?" Asked Lucy.

"They'll probably be fine woth rain. I don't think they'll like thunder and lightning." Said Gunther.

-------Year Lator-------

"AAHH!" Yelled Ashlynn.

"One more big push." Said Jaylene.

Sure enough it was only one push. This was second baby brought into this earth on Olivers bed. Unless you count Ashlynns cat about ten years ago.

This time it was a little boy. Jaylene got a picture with Ashlynn, John, and their new baby.

"What's the name?" Asked Jaylene.

"Eugine Oliver Kennon." Said Ashlynn.