•Chapter Nineteen

-Dhivti-

A smile unknowingly adorns my face as soon as I look at him.

After yesterday, I have come into a conclusion that I do like this man. Jahaan Joshi.

He held me for an hour or so as I was crying and didn't even move an inch from his position when I was in his arms. For the first time in years, I cried my heart out but this time, someone was there to hold me. Jahaan Joshi was there. The very man who is so determined to break all my walls, melt my heart, and I am starting to think that he will succeed in doing so.

His mouth is hung open as he is staring at me.

Is it because I smiled?

I look away from him and hide my smile and also my cheeks that have probably turned red because of how he is looking at me right now.

I clear my throat to bring him back from wherever he is lost right now before Aarav or Anisha notice but he is so lost. What is he thinking? I frown.

"Jahaan, you are making it obvious," Aarav suddenly speaks as he is eating. He noticed? But his attention is on his plate.

Jahaan suddenly comes out of his trance and clears his throat.

"You are also teasing Anisha under the table, did I say anything?" Jahaan says and the couple suddenly chokes on their food while Jahaan just looks at them with a 'done' look.

Me? I am just wondering what the hell is going on in here.

"I have every right," Aarav replies while his cheeks turn crimson. Is he blushing?

"Aarav, shut up," Anisha speaks up.

"What? You know I was cuddling with Jahaan at night thinking it was you?"

My eyes widen and Anisha bursts into laughter.

"What the hell, Aarav. Are you for real?" Anisha asks but Jahaan replies before Aarav can.

"Yes, he did. He wasn't even leaving me in the morning. Chipkali kahi ka," Jahaan says and Aarav glares at him.

(Lizard)

"Mein chipkali?" Aarav asks while still glaring at Jahaan.

(Me lizard?)

Jahaan just ignores him and turns to Anisha, "How do you tolerate this kid, yaar?" he asks her and she just laughs while Aarav glares at both of them.

"Laugh laugh, I have Dhivti on my side. Right, Dhivti?"

"Of course," I say and a grin instantly appears on his face.

He suddenly stands up and comes up to me and hugs me while I just stand there confused not knowing what is going on. He turns me so my back faces at Anisha and Jahaan.

Within seconds, Aarav moves away and starts running while Jahaan chases him. What the hell is going on?

They are literally running all over the house.

Aarav comes running towards me and stands behind me while holding my shoulders.

Jahaan abruptly stops as soon as he reaches me.

"Dhivti, save me. He is going to hurt me," Aarav complains like a baby and Jahaan immediately glares at him.

"Why are you hiding like a coward? Be a man," Jahaan says and Aarav dramatically gasps while still behind me.

"Me? Coward. I can fight mister, it is just that I am not in the mood right now," Aarav says and Jahaan just rolls his eyes.

"Dhivti, move aside, please," Jahaan tells me and his eyes soften as soon as they meet mine.

"He is holding me," I say and Jahaan notices Aarav's hands that are on my shoulders in a tight grip.

He glares at him, "Leave her, bastard," he growls at Aarav.

"Okay."

In a second, I am pushed towards Jahaan and he holds me while Aarav runs away.

A blush erupts on my face as soon as I notice the proximity Jahaan and I are sharing right now. I look up to his face and he is already staring at me.

His eyes.

So much love and adoration in them.

For me? Why?

Do I even deserve this?

I realize our position and immediately back away and at the same time, my phone rings. I don't even waste a second to get my phone and walk out to the garden.

What the hell? Why was I staring at him like that?

What is he doing to me? For some reason, whatever I am feeling, feels good. It feels so safe and so right.

I check the call only to see it is from my mother.

"Yes, mumma?" I pick up.

"Where are you, beta?"

"Anishas' mumma, I told you yesterday."

"I know but I was asking if you are still there."

"Yes, but I am about to leave for work."

"Okay. I am coming to meet you."

"I will come home, mummy. Don't worry."

"Okay, bacha."

.

"What happened, mumma? Is everything okay?" I ask her as soon as I reach home.

"Yes, bacha, everything is fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Yes, mumma? Tell me."

"Actually, Chhaya asked me to go with her for a pilgrimage so I just wanted to talk to you first," she says.

"Tell me, mumma. What about it?"

"It is for fifteen days, bacha," I frown.

"Mumma, isn't that too long? I know you won't take care of yourself for that long. You are very careless when it comes to your health," I forward my worries.

"Please, bacha. I promise I will take care of myself and also, Chhaya is there, right? I trust her that she won't let anything bad happen to me," I sigh.

I can fight and win against any woman on this earth but Sheetal Verma, my mother.

"Fine, mumma but I need daily updates about you and your health, deal?"

A big grin comes across her face which automatically brings a smile on my face.

She hugs me out of excitement, "thank you thank you, Dhivuu," she says.

"Okay okay, mumma. Now tell me, when are you leaving and how much money you need?"

"I am leaving tomorrow and I have money, don't worry, bacha."

"Mumma, you are taking money from me. That is final."

She rolls her eyes, "You are bossy," she sulks.

I smile a bit, "I have no one else to spend my money on, mumma," I kiss her forehead which brings a smile on her face.

"Then get married, you will have someone to spend your money on," she teases.

"Sorry to break your bubble mumma but I am not leaving you. Ever," I say with a serious tone.

My mother has been my one and only priority ever since I lost my father.

I will be with her and take care of her until my last breath.

I cannot even think about leaving my mother alone. She has no one except me.

I don't mind spending my whole life alone in order to be with my mother.