The Confusion

BIANCA

I rub my eyes, thinking I was seeing things. I look back up and I was mistaken.

"Why are you sitting there? Also, how did you even get in here?" He asks.

I stand up and notice how tall he's gotten. "Uhh... I was hiding? Also," I show him my set of keys, "I have an extra key to his dorm. He has one for mine too."

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow.

I chuckle. "It's a long story."

He nods slowly and looks me up and down, stopping at my hoodie- Wait... I removed my hoodie earlier.

I look down and see that I was wearing a black, spaghetti-strapped crop top. Then I met his eyes and became flustered, quickly crossing my arms on my chest.

"You're still short." He gently smiles.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, I know." I playfully punch his arm and pause. "Ah, sorry... I didn't mean to." I look at the arm I punched and noticed how different he looked. I quickly look up at him, meeting his eyes once more.

He chuckles. With a deep voice. His voice is different. "It's fine. Your brother does worse."

I smile and silence fills the room. We still held eye contact.

"Why are you here?" I finally ask, breaking the silence.

"College. I'm an engineer major."

"Oh." I look at the couch and back at him. "Do you have a bedroom?"

"Oh, uh, yeah." He yawns and stretches his arms upward, causing his shirt to go up, revealing some of his skin. I couldn't help, but glance and see a bit of his toned stomach. I quickly looked away, acting like I hadn't looked.

"Why were you on the couch then?"

He sighs and clears his throat. "After I took care of my things, I was tired, so I laid on the couch and took a nap."

I hop up and sit on the kitchen island, meeting his eyes once more. He has a confused look on his face. "Oh, sorry. You're tall and my neck has been killing me for about a week. That's probably why I keep getting headaches." I shrug.

"Oh. It's fine. Plus, I don't think I'm tall, I just think you're short." He smiles teasingly.

"Excuse me? You're like 6ft.!" I say, offended.

"6'2."

"What?" I tilt my head a bit to the side.

"I'm 6'2. I was 6ft. in 10th grade."

"Oh. Okay, Mr. Giant." I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"You're what? 3ft?" He smirks.

"Uh, no. I'm obviously 7ft." I giggle when he messes up my hair. "H!"

He freezes and removes his hand, having a gentle smile on his lips as he looks at me.

I look at him and fix my hair. "What?" I nervously chuckle.

"You called me 'H.'"

"Well, yeah. I have ever since you and my brother were seven and I was six." I shrug. "Until, you left, obviously."

His smile slowly fades. "B?"

"Hm?" I look at him with curiosity.

"I'm sorry I left so suddenly..." He looks at the fridge that had a picture of Jacob, Hayden, and me when they were eleven and I was ten.

The fridge mostly had pictures of Jacob and Magnolia, but that's because he's obsessed with her.

But when I looked at Hayden, he was just staring at that specific picture of the three of us, like it was the only one there.

I clear my throat. "It's okay..." I look down. "Should I ask him why he left?" I thought to myself. "No, I'll wait until he's ready to talk. He always does. Did." I feel a finger on my chin and my head being gently guided to look at him.

"I missed you..." He quietly confesses.

Tears quickly form in my eyes and I open my arms to him, offering a hug. He wraps his arms around me and I lay my cheek on his chest.

"I missed you, too."