CHAPTER TWO

•Elizabeth's POV•

My life was pretty much prefect. That was until I reached primary 3. Everything changed. All of a sudden my dad wanted us to move to Kasoa.

I was happy, I was gonna meet new people but at the same time I will miss Nungua. I mean my whole childhood memories was here. Not to even mention, my grandparent's house wasn't that far from here.

You know what guys, I remember clearly how every Christmas holidays or school vacation my mom would send Evelyn and I to our grandparents place. They'd spoil us rotten.

My grandparent were from my mom's side, I now realized I didn't know much about my father's side because he didn't border introducing us to them and it didn't really border me. Am sure he has a good reason right?

Whenever we go to our grandparent's place we'd go out a lot. Anty Lydia would take us to the mall and hotel. We never got to go to places like the beach,a pool party or even jams. It didn't bother me than cause I was like 7 years old.

My dad told mom about his decision to relocate. My mom didn't look please at all. She didn't like the idea.
Dad on the other hand was hell burnt on making my mom agree but let me tell you mom was one stubborn woman. She said she couldn't leave her life here and her career and move to Kasoa besides the place wasn't developed. Nungua to Abobolshie market wasn't far but kasoa to Abobolshie was very far. My dad looked tired trying to get mom to understand so he just sighed and let it go.

One Saturday morning, I heard dad talking to mom saying that "he has built our own house and that he wants us to move in, it was a big house with no electricity problem" well just so u guys may know, Nungua always had electricity problem there was constant light out or black out, we here called it "dumsor" meaning off and on.

I could see that mom was reconsidering her decision. Then she finally agreed. I was happy beyond control. I couldn't believe it I was going to get my own room, it's gonna be amazing.

The following week my dad Started to pack our things. Within one week we were out of Nungua and on our way to Kasoa.

Friday morning came, my parents together with my younger siblings sat in a car to move to our new destination. As we waited for the traffic light to hit green my dad brought up a topic. He said that where we were moving to wasn't quite developed and he was always busy so was my mom so he wants us to leave with our grandma"

He could see the confusion on my face so he proceeded to talk saying that" dear, your grandma's house isn't far from my house, so you guys can come and visit us if you want but am not sure we would be at home because of our job"

I nodded in anticipating signalling I understood what dad was saying, I glanced over to mom and I saw her smiling at me so I smiled back and told my dad that it's was okay by me.

He then continued driving. I eventually felt asleep. After an hour, dad called us to wake up and that we've reached our final destination. I woke up sneaking some glances at where we were.

It had a very big compound and about two houses were in there. I later learnt one was for the owner of the house meaning where we were about to live was a rented house but the place was huge.

Each house had two, bedrooms,a hall,a kitchen,a toilet and a portch. I was happy.
Dad and mom left us and all I could do was to stand there with my younger sister and wave at them.

My new Grandma's name was Vida. We called her ma Vida. She was a wonderful woman, she was hardworking and a discipline person. She didn't give us a chance to complain. She even enrolled me in one of the most prestigious school. Peculiar international school. It had both GES and Cambridge syllabus, meaning the GES paid in cedis whiles the Cambridge paid in Dollars. That was how big the school was.

I didn't like the school because I was sent back to primary two instead of three. According to the school authorities I didn't qualify for primary three that was the reason why.
Ma Vida didn't have a problem with that. She was cool. I remember very well that before starting Peculiar international school I had some medical problems. The school got me examined to check whether it can be transmitted to another person. The results was a no, Ma Vida later told them that it was a hereditary disease and nothing more than that.

My medical problem was lies. I had lies in my hair. It's wasn't good at all especially when I now attended a prestigious school. Because of the lies I had to always shave my hair, whenever I shaved my hair, I looked horrible, I was very ugly, sometimes I would use my handkerchief to cover my hair. My friends might have noticed it and they begun to call me Roman sister.

I didn't mind, it was a good name. One thing about my classmates was that, they didn't judge me, they didn't mock me or ask me questions either and I appreciate them for that. They were the best classmates.

It was during my stay with Ma Vida that I became chubby. It's not that my parents didn't feed me well that was the reason I couldn't grow chubby, naaa the difference between Ma Vida and my parents was that Ma Vida would false us to eat all our food. She would sometimes let us eat four times a day.
I remember once I ate five balls of banku and a full Tilapia. It was amazing then but now I have became like a sack of potatoes.

{Lily by Alan walker}

Vote/comment/give a feedback.

If you don't understand anything just ask and I would explain it to you. Love you guys.