Berdly x Kris

Berdly adjusted his glasses as he straightened the books on the library shelves. It was quiet, too quiet, for a Friday evening. Usually, there were people chatting or reading in the cozy aisles, but tonight, it was just him and Kris. Kris, who was leaning against a shelf, silently flipping through a book, as usual. Berdly couldn't deny how Kris had a strange aura about them, something that piqued his curiosity. He couldn't say he minded spending time alone with them, even if they didn't talk much. He glanced at the tall, stoic human from the corner of his eye, trying to maintain his confident demeanor. "Well, it seems like we're the last ones here, simpleton. Guess you appreciate the importance of knowledge too, huh?" He smirked, but Kris didn't even glance his way."Maybe if you spent less time on that infernal mobile game and more time on actual reading, you could absorb a fraction of my intelligence." He shot a teasing remark, trying to get some reaction from Kris. No dice. They were as unresponsive as ever. The tall human continued to flip through the book, unaffected by Berdly's teasing. Berdly sighed inwardly, feeling the flutter of nerves that always seemed to accompany his interactions with Kris. As he began locking up the front doors and dimming the lights, Berdly knew he had a few minutes left alone with Kris. He moved deeper into the library, adjusting the shelves again as an excuse to approach them. His heart raced, but he maintained his cool exterior."You know, the library doesn't just hold knowledge," Berdly said, adjusting his glasses. "It's a place where stories come alive, where words can transport you to another world." He stopped beside Kris, who looked up at him with an unreadable expression.Before he could overthink it, Berdly leaned in, his yellow beak brushing against Kris's cheek as he whispered, "And maybe it's a place where some stories can become reality, too." He pressed his beak against Kris's lips, a brief yet tender kiss hidden in the shadows of the library.Kris didn't pull away, and for a moment, Berdly's usually composed demeanor melted into a flutter of vulnerability. But as quickly as it happened, he pulled back, adjusting his glasses to regain his usual sarcastic air."Just a little something to ponder on your way home, simpleton," he quipped, trying to mask his affection with his usual arrogance. Kris gave him a small, knowing smile, a rare sight, before turning and heading out the door.As Berdly finished closing up the library, he couldn't help but think maybe there was more to Kris than he first thought. And perhaps there was more to him too.