the home front

Blade stirs and stars to wake up and he feels something on his chest and he opens his optics to see nightbird and he starts to panic until she wakes up and notices him and they both sit in silence until in a flash both stand and he looks at her “thank you for…calming me” she looked at him and smiled and nodded “we can't have our big bad bodyguard sad now can we?” he chuckles as she smiles and he speaks “we will be back at kaon soon” she nods and smiles at him. 

Later the ship lands at kaon as megatron exits it claymourn follows swiftly in toe. The day was filled with boring matters for blade he followed megatron as he was told and guarded him at his speeches,meetings,reports or mostly just standing in the war room with him and helping anyway he can but blade seemed more impatient today so much so that megatron and the other generals noticed. Megatron turned to his guard “claymourn what is bothering you?” blade froze as he cursed himself for his impatience and he spoke “i have a… matter i would like to attend to” megatron nodded while starscream and the other officers realized why sixshot asked them about dates and soundwave spoke “claymourn has a date” megatron raised a optic and looked at his loyal guard who slowly nodded and he smiled before motioning with his hand “go then! You have earned this pleasure for your hard work!” blade bowed and thanked his master before leaving in a speed walk before reaching the landing area and transforming to head to an oil house where nightbird said she'd meet him at.

When blade entered the patrons froze and all of them looked at him most were  autobots since this was their territory but some were decepticons since the bar was a neutral zone for each side to enjoy and they all were in fear before nightbird waved at him and he walked over to her but not before a autobot with a red paint job and flame decal stood and got in front of him “well if it isn't claymourn in the chrome! Con boogie man of legend” blade stood over the young bot with a good two feet between them and he glared down at the autobot with a deathly glare and noticed the heavy upgrades on him with the flame exhausts and nitro booster “your packing some pretty heavy artillery there boy surprising you can even stand” the young bot scoffed “likewise con, word is you went full obedience to the big bucket any independence left in that chrome dome of yours?” blade chuckled “you could say i'm special” the young bot frowns and gets up in blades face “well so the frag am i!” blade scoffed “that supposed to be a joke?” Before a fight could start, nightbird stepped in “hey this is neutral ground! Let's just enjoy our free time!” The hotshot grunted before walking away and nightbird walked back with blade to the bar where they got some energon and started to talk. A few minutes later the two laughed as they enjoyed their time together and learned they had a lot in common

Later they walked out of the bar and as they were leaving, blade stopped and nightbird turned to him “blade?” he turned and swung, knocking a blur of blue onto the ground and the hotshot from inside ran out with a green bit with a sword and a pink femme with a blaster and he saw the blue bot on the ground.  The group turns and the hotshot runs with flames firing at blade who simply takes the flames before smacking him away and the pink femme runs to blades side and shoots him but all the shots are blocked with his sword before he deflects one back at her and hitting her leg causing her to stumble and fall making the green swordsman yell “ARCEE!” he turns and spins his sword before charging “you piece of-” before he could finish blade parries his sword and cuts his arm off before kicking him back to the red and blue bots who nod at each other and the red one gets in a stance as he builds his flames up and the blue one runs in a circle around blade as nightbird watches she sees blades optics glow red before he vanishes in a purple blur and a second later the blue bot falls on the ground before coughing and looking at blade in fear.

A millisecond before. Blade is seen dodging the blue speedsters swing as he realizes the real danger “you have a speed amplifier!?” he says to blade and blade sighs before speaking “a rudimentary implant” he sings his sword and smacks the speedster with the hilt throwing him to the ground.

Blade stares at the bot before he is shot by flames and he turn to see the hotshot who tries to burn him again but is kicked to the ground and just as the other autobots get to cover and blade turns and sees this and his arm forms a blaster “no one leaves the slaughterhouse! NOT ALIVE!” Before he could fire he's shot with napalm and he turns to see the red hotshot smirking “forgetting someone?” blades optics glow red and he roars “YOU!” he dashes and throws his swords in the ground before ripping off the flame exhausts “think that these upgrades make you tough!” He then thrusts his fist into the chassis of the bot and rips out a stabilizer “you think you're tough because you're scrappy!” The bot falls, losing his balance without his stabilizer and watches as the yellowfin on his back is ripped off and he grubs in pain “when you cant even stand without your stabilizers!” blade opens his arms as the bot struggles to stand “and you think you can take me!” he lowers himself to the bots gaze and rears a fist back “DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!” He uppercuts the bot and he stands tall as the bot looks up into the sky and he walks to the scrap pile that remains of him “what's my name?” the bot coughs up energon as he tries to speak “w-who gives a fra-a-ag!” blade puts his foot on his chassis “What's. My. Name.” the bot stays silent before speaking “claymourn” blade leans down to the bot “that's right. let that keep you up at night” he gets up and walks off with nightbird to decepticon territory.

Nightbird sits with blade on top of the control tower of seeker city and watches the sunset with him. Blade feels something heavy and looks to see nightbird laying her head on his shoulder and he smiles as he retrects his mask with her doing the same and blade speaks “it's been a long time since i've been this…calm” nightbird smiles “me too” they watch the sunset a bit more until blade looks at her and she looks at him “what are you staring at?” she asks with a smirk and he smiles and says “the most beautiful woman i've ever seen” nightbird blushes at him until they lean in closer to each other and finally kiss as the night sky appears and the stars seem to shine brighter as if there singing for there lost son, the energon rivers flow more bright blue and the last prime feels a bit more happy from the matrix as it shines like a star and the core of the world seems to be smiling. And in a castle a garden sits where a dark cloak and tri horned crown looks at a headstone before a tear falls down his faceplate. Blade and nightbird pull away and she puts a hand on his faceplate “so I guess this means were..?” blade smiles as he pulls her into his chassis and hugs her while looking into her yellow optics “yes. It does and i'll never let anything get between us” they smile before watching the night sky for a while more before heading back to kaon and going their separate ways but not before a quick kiss. Blade walks into the meeting room a bit more happy than usual and Megatron smiles as the other officers snicker before continuing their meeting.