CHAPTER 16: THE THIEF

Yayyy King Luca's point of view. I've been waiting for this...

LUCA's P.O.V

Arriving at the Fair Kingdom without Fayre made me a little depressed, she doesn't even know she's my mate. The first time I found out was 5 years ago, she was helping the Gardner in the garden and Orion and I were close to the water fall, he kept staring at something which made me look towards the direction and I was mesmerised.

My mate was standing feets away from me looking so beautiful with her white long hair stained by mud, she looks so pure and beautiful as she laughed with the gardner. I wanted to move close to her and hug her but I couldn't.
She is a maid and human.
I don't mind but what would the people say, how will they feel to have a human Queen, it's never heard of.

I decided to stay away from here for her sake and for mine but what could I have done when she arrived months ago into the royal hall looking as stunning as ever, she looked so scared and I wanted to take her into my hands and protect her from the world. It was hard keeping Orion away from her as he even caused havoc in the Kitchen where she works two years ago after a maid tried to insult her, most people thought it was mere late breakfast but there's more to the story.
Orion was so excited to see her at the royal hall  but she was backing him. He wanted to jump over to her front so she could notice him and he ended up scaring her making her faint and he carried her out of there, seeing her there on the grass sleeping with a peaceful look on her face as Orion waited for her to wake up, it was like the moment should never end.

It was scary seeing her so unaware of her surroundings, she didn't even know I was there but she was very cute, getting scared of Orion when he was only trying to get her to pet him and since then it felt like our timeline intertwined, my life was revolving around hers, when I found out she was beaten in the cell, I wanted to kill for her but I can't raise suspicion, if people should find out she's mine, she'd be in danger and she's just a frail human.

With time it was hard to keep myself away from her and I need to think of a way soon and fast because I can't stay away any longer. She should be here any moment to bring my food up and I can't wait to see her, her presence eases my mind.

Time was going and Fayre isn't here, I hope they aren't giving her more work to do, I need to be careful here because not all the kingdom here are allies, many are looking for my downfall.

I was still about Fayre when someone knocked on my door. It wasn't Fayre, I'd have smelt her rosey scent from afar.

"Come in" I said and a maid rushed in with a panicked face.

"Your highness, the second Queen of the land of Fair has requested for your presence" she rushed out bowing and shaking and she seems so close to tears, she is one of Krashia maids and she reminds me of Fayre whenever she's scared.

"How dare she call for me" I hissed getting annoyed.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"The throne room your highness" she said and I nodded

"Alright" I said taking a sip of my wine.

"You must hurry your highness" the maid stammered out making me look at her confused, it's not heard of for a maid to put the king in an hurry state so I should have her head but she seems desperate, what would make a Krashia maid so desperate about something happening in the Land of Fair.

Well I'm curious now.

I stood up adjusting my robe and left the room with the maid walking behind me. My guard Theo soon joined the walk and in few minutes we were in front of the Throne room. My name and title was announced before the door was opened.

I walked in to see the said Queen sitting on the right side of the Throne and a man standing beside her looking so disheveled and bloody, from his accessories and robe, he's obviously a royal.

I returned my glare to the Queen making her shrink in fear but she tried to keep a font by adjusting herself.

"You called, Queen Yasmin" I said with a cold voice and she cleared her throat.

"I didn't mean to disturb your rest King Luca...erm your highness" she said but corrected her slip up when I raised my brows.

"So this better be worth it"

"One of your maid stole from my dear son and while he was trying to gently talk to her, she injured him, a royal" she said with a smirk.

I looked towards the boy and he looks like he was ran over by a horse, I'm proud of this maid.

"Where is the said maid" I asked.

"Well she ran, but my people are searching the castle as we speak, a white head maid wouldn't be too hard to miss" she said making my walls slip for a bit but I got control. The only white head maid I know is my mate and my mate would never steal.

I glared at the son making him squirm and hide behind his mother, coward.

"Are you sure of this, calling a member of my Kingdom a thief is calling me a thief?" I said and they looked unsure but she nodded again.

"Yes your highness, I hear she's called Fayre"