|| Chapter 10: Origins ||

3rd Person's POV

Max looked at Francine, who was nestling comfortably in his arms and smiled gently.

One of his regrets in his past life was that he didn't protect her.

In truth , Maximilian wasn't Mr. Wilson's biological son. Marcus Wilson was Mr. Wilson's biological son. Unfortunately, he died in a car accident at the age of 10.

Maximilian was Mr.Wilson's nephew, his sister's son.

Maximilian's parents died to save Maximilian from an assassination attack.

After that, Mr. Wilson adopted Maximilian as his son and became the heir of the Wilson family.

Because of his parent's death, the 10-year-old Maximilian blamed himself, became depressed and reserved. He refused to be comforted and no one could heal his depression.

Not until Maximilian met Francine, the girl who became the light in the dark he was in. Unfortunately, at the age of 13, he was sent abroad to study.

Until then, he hadn't met Francine. It wasn't until the end of the world came. He was about to go home but was unfortunately stuck abroad due to the sudden arrival of the apocalypse.

He successfully went back to US at the third year of the end of the world. After he arrived, he desperately went to find Francine but couldn't find her. Some said that maybe she had died but he stubbornly believed she was still alive. Seven years of finding her, he finally gained some information but it wasn't good.

He found out that Francine was actually sent by the Smith family to the underground research institute as an experimental being! He was about to go and rescue her but...there was an unexpected explosion under the base.

It was actually the underground research institute Francine has been into!

Max flew into a rage, conquered the most strongest base and killed the people who made Francine's life miserable.

After that, he became feared by everyone. He was known as the most strongest base leader in the world. Everyone treated him as a god. Any people would feel happy if they were in his position. But he felt empty. Regret and guilt consumed him everyday. He wished if he could come back in time, he promised to protect the woman he loved.

Unexpectedly, he just went to sleep and the moment he opened his eyes, he was back three months before the apocalypse!

He was ecstatic! He hurriedly went back to the US the day before the banquet was held in their house. At that time in his previous life, he was abroad and didn't know that Francine didn't come in the banquet at all.

The moment he saw her on the banquet, his first reaction was to approach her. She was so captivating and gorgeous that time that she took his breath away.

Two months had passed and he showed his interest in her. She ignored him but she didn't reject him either.

Last night, he and Francine accidentally shared a kiss. It was quick but he was happy. And now that she is nestling comfortably in his arms, he was in a very good mood.

Killian, who was driving, was silently crying in his mind. His young master was clearly mocking him of not having a girlfriend.

After all, Killian was a handsome boy but if he was placed beside Maximilian, he looked dull. Because of that, Killian has been a single dog in his whole life.

Killian silently drove the car, sometimes encountering some zombies on the road.

Francine, who has been asleep for about two hours , woke up. When she was about to move her body, she found out that she was wrapped in someone else's arms- Maximilian's arms to be precise.

She was confused but did not get off of Maximilian's arms. She found it comfortable and his arms strangely gave her the feeling of security.

" Your awake? " Francine could feel the vibration of Max's voice from his chest as he spoke.

" Yeah..." She answered. Her voice was soft and waxy to hear, causing Maximilian's heart tremble.

Cute

Francine rubbed her eyes and gazed outside the car window. The streets are quiet and empty and occasionally, there are a few zombies on the road.

Francine fell into a deep thought. She wondered, how is the Smith family doing?

It's not that she's concerned about their wellbeing but she wasn't done about her revenge. It's a pity if they die in the first place , right?

After her rebirth, all of her affection for the Smith family completely vanished. It is because she heard that she wasn't a Smith at all.

Francine's original name is Francine Emerald Reid, the long lost daughter of the Reid family in the capital.

Katherine Smith, Kendra's mother and Francesca Reid, Francine's mother are step sisters.

Katherine liked Harold but he didn't like her and liked Francine's mother, Francesca. Because she ( Katherine ), can't get Harold, she began to resent Francesca.

So, when Francesca gave birth to Francine, she bribed a doctor in the hospital to steal Francine and let a nanny take care of her. But she made Francine believe that the nanny was her mother.

After the unexpected death of the nanny and her parents, they had no choice but to take Francine to her house despite her ( Katherine's  )hatred and disgust towards the young Francine.

Ronald Smith, Ray's father liked Francine and left his shares in her before he died. So, in order to get the inheritance, he ( Ray ) , raised Francine as an illegitimate daughter of his.

That's why Francine was known as an illegitimate daughter of the Smith family. Ray couldn't bear to recognize her ( Francine ) as his biological daughter because he was afraid Kendra wouldn't like it.

Of course, Francine didn't know this at all because they hid it on her for two lifetimes . Francine only knew she wasn't a Smith and nothing else.

Francine wondered what her biological parents are doing. Are they still alive? She didn't know.

...

Heya guys! Here's another chapter for ya!

I wanna ask you guys something. Is the chapters jumble? I mean, the chapter four was after the Prologue chapter. How to fix it? Do you guys have any idea how to?

Please answer me in the comments section!

By the way, thank you guys for supporting my story!

Please continue to vote, comment and share!

Love ya guys!

- Krislie15

1060 words