Chapter 2 : Part Two

Chapter 2
beloved by all

Part Two
Red

.

.

Meanwhile, in some other part of Xianle Kingdom, a certain Hua was busy haggling prices with a store vendor until he successfully brought the initial price down by seventy-five percent.

.

.

.

.

People in colorful robes filled the streets. Their cheerful chatter and joyous laughs reached every corner, filling the air with festivity. The scent of freshly baked bread wafted through the streets, causing a few people to crave for it.

It all appeared... insulting in his eyes.

The child watching as the world played in front of him couldn't hide the bitterness in his heart. The children running around, laughing and playing tag, seemed to mock him of his predicament.

He had no home.

No friends.

No family.

The only person who ever cared for him, his mother, passed away.

Then, his father kicked him out of the house.

With such misfortune, seeing others live a life he yearned for only in his dreams stung his heart. He did not do anything wrong yet all the tragedy befell upon him. His existence itself is unlucky yet the world allowed him to be born.

Why did the world allow his birth?

Would it not have been better if he was born in another day or maybe never at all?

Perhaps then, his mother wouldn't have died and he wouldn't have had to suffer such grievances in his life.

The child hugged his knees closer, not willing to take up more space than he should. However, someone still ended up bumping into him, even almost knocking him to the ground. The stranger scrunched his nose and kicked the child back.

"What's an orphan like you doing in this street? Go back to your side," the man shivered and sneered, wiping the shoe he used to kick the child on the dirt ground. "Honestly, what if you brought something dirty? Trash like you should just stay put in the slums and die there."

Those words reached the child but he reacted as if they were nothing. He watched the man leave, still muttering curses under his breath, before he sat back down and resumed his previous posture.

Suddenly, his vision seemed to brighten up and he quickly fixed the bandages wrapped around his right eye.

Scum, he couldn't help but curse. Before he could even continue his thoughts, the man who just cussed him out suddenly screamed in pain. This caused the child to turn his head and found said man being pinned to the ground by a foot, face shoved into dirt.

The one responsible was a young man clad in dark floral robes. Although flowery, it didn't diminish the young man's heroic with a hint of roughish features. A pink ribbon tied his hair in a ponytail, causing his thick tresses to sway with every movement.

"How cowardly," the young man with a pink ribbon sneered and pushed the man's face deeper into dirt. "You look like the type of scum who only picks a fight with children." A smooth series of tsk slipped through the young man's lips.