002- WALKING ON SUNSHINE

Trigger Warning: Profanity, Violence.

"I feel alive, I feel the love, I feel the love that's really real"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. .・。.・゜✭・.・

Present Day - September 30, 2013

"Thank you for flying with us, have a wonderful day." Says the flight attendant as I exit the plane. I thank her and go get my remaining luggage.

As I wait for my suitcase I feel my phone vibrate.

Bryan Danielson

Bryan: Brie and I can't wait to see you!

Me: I just landed, I'm going to drop off my luggage at the hotel and I'll meet you guys at the arena. Can't wait to see you guys too!

I smile at his message and reminisce. A little over two years ago now, Bryan convinced me to let him train me to become a professional wrestler and thank god that he did because today I get to make my WWE debut.

A couple months ago, Brie and Bryan got me a WWE tryout since they believed I was ready to go from the indies to the real deal. It went well and I got offered a contract a few weeks later.

My phone rings.

"What now?" I groan digging my phone out of my back pocket, it's my mom.

"Hey mom." I answer it.

"Hey sweetie, how was your flight?" She asks me.

"It was long but I slept through most of it so it wasn't so bad." I explain.

"Good, good. I just wanted to call and let you know that we'll all be watching you tonight from a far. Even your aunt Marie called to let us know she'll be watching. We're all so proud of you Alex."

"We're so proud!" I hear my brothers say in the background.

"Thanks guys, I'll make sure to kick some ass and make you proud." I joke, "How's dad?"

She pauses and sighs, "He's doing good, he had a really bad day yesterday but he seems to be doing better today."

A couple months after Jon skipped town, my dad got diagnosed with Alzheimer's. And over the years he's been deteriorating, some days he's more lucid than others but on average he usually has difficulty remembering my brothers and I. When my dad got diagnosed, he chose to keep his diagnosis private and only tell me, my mother, and my brothers. He didn't want people to pity him, so he made us agree to not tell anyone.