The beginning of the end

Eva stormed out of Alina's tent and immediately set out to find Genya and Aleksander. She found Genya first, recounting her futile conversation with Alina and how they had truly lost their friend. Alina would never understand why Eva and Genya did the things they did. Thankfully, they still had each other. Eva bid farewell to her friend, urging her to be cautious once she was left alone.

"Please be careful, Eva. I have no interest in losing another friend," Genya pleaded.

"Careful is my middle name," Eva replied with a wink and a smile. The pair embraced one last time before Eva set off to find Aleksander.

As Eva made her way through the camp, her heart raced with anticipation and nervousness. She couldn't shake off the conversation she had just had with Alina. The accusation lingered in her mind like a persistent echo, questioning her worth and her place in Aleksander's life. But she pushed those doubts aside, focusing instead on the one thing she knew to be true: her love for Aleksander.

As she approached his tent, her steps faltered for a moment before she summoned the courage to knock softly on the canvas flap. The sound of her heartbeat drowned out any other noise as she waited for a response.

"Come in," Aleksander's voice called from inside, and she pushed the flap aside, stepping into the dimly lit interior of the tent.

Aleksander was sitting at a small table, his attention focused on a map spread out before him. His dark eyes lifted to meet hers, and a soft smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he rose from his seat.

"Eva," he breathed her name like a prayer, crossing the distance between them in a few quick strides. He enveloped her in his arms, pulling her close to him as if he never wanted to let her go.
"I've missed you," he murmured against her hair, his voice tinged with both longing and relief.

Eva melted into his embrace, feeling the weight of the world lift off her shoulders with each beat of his heart against hers. In this moment, there was only them, surrounded by the comforting embrace of darkness and each other.

"I missed you too," she whispered, her words barely audible above the gentle rustle of fabric.

They stood like that for what felt like an eternity, lost in each other's arms, until finally, Aleksander pulled away slightly, his hands framing her face as he gazed into her eyes with a mixture of tenderness and intensity.

"You know I would do anything for you, don't you?" he said, his voice barely a whisper, but filled with a depth of emotion that sent shivers down Eva's spine.
She nodded, unable to speak as her heart swelled with love for this man who meant everything to her.

"I love you," she managed to say, her voice trembling with emotion.

"I love you too," he replied, his words a vow that echoed in the stillness of the night.
They shared a lingering kiss, pouring all their hopes and fears into the fleeting moment, knowing that tomorrow was uncertain and fraught with danger. But for now, they had each other, and that was enough.With a heavy heart, they broke apart, knowing that duty called and they had to face the challenges that lay ahead. But they faced them together, bound by a love that transcended time and space. Hand in hand, they left the tent, ready to face whatever the future held, knowing that as long as they had each other, they could overcome anything. Together, they would find Alina and face whatever fate awaited them, knowing that their love would endure, even in the darkest of times. As Alina, Tsar Kirigan, and Eva emerged from the tent, the entire camp erupted in whispers and glances. But their determination remained unshaken as the trio forged a path through the camp toward the Skiff. Aleksander felt that Alina needed a little extra motivation to behave herself, so he spoke softly,